Dark Twist Roll Cake Nirvana

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Bear84, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slow Tri

Slow Tri Is it Friday yet?

Heck yeah!!! I'll take a sample if you are offering. Thanks for your generosity! I'll pm you.

2. Bradabelko4

Bradabelko4 Member

I tried this the other night. I was surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. I tried rubbing out and packing a bowl of it. I think the 3 layer might not be the best idea. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to prepare/pack/fill a bowl of this? I tried searching and I really didn't find anything other than just regular flake. So far I love this stuff, may have to get myself a tin of it.

3. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

I take one disc at a time, and sort of roll it into a ball with my fingers, I don't rub it out completely, just sort of ball it up, and drop them into the pipe one at a time. When the last one compresses the rest a little bit, that's usually when I stop. Most of my average sized pipes hold five discs. If you have a hard time lighting, you can rub out the last one a little more to help with that.

This is just my method, and as always YMMV!

Tony Malerich likes this.
  4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Yup :th1:

5. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried that out today. Couple relighted, but worked very nicely.

Jussto likes this.
  6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Deleted... didn't see a post above.

7. Slow Tri

Slow Tri Is it Friday yet?

So, I have to be honest. I have never been someone who enjoy's MacBaren blends. I have been "bit" too many times by them.

Recently Tony M sent me a generous sample of Dark Twist and I have to say that I really enjoyed it.

I have had around 3 bowls so far and while I thought it started out as a "ho hum" blend.....it really hits its stride around halfway through the bowl. This is a great everyday blend to me!

Professor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.