1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Dear Club Blend

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Brian, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffbee

jeffbee Member

Don't get your Latakia hopes up for the Mac Baren Latakia Blend. It is very light on the Latakia. Once you get over that, its really a fantastic smoke.

2. Redone

Redone Member

I'm still trying to figure out Club blend. So far I find it bites a bit and is all over the pace for me. It seams better as it gets about half way down the bowl thou. Dark twist and roll cake I will say I like better so far. More time with Club will tell but too much Virginias are just not my bag as is too much burley I am finding out.

3. Brian

Brian Member

I really like the small sliced "coins" form they use for this family of McB tobacco. I grab them one at a time, wad it up in my fingers, roll them around a bit to loosen the strands, and then drop the ball in the pipe. I usually manage 3 coins in my pipes (mine are small - medium sized bowls). I temp it down slightly and light up.

I also find Club Bend a little bit bitey Redone, but in a pleasing way. From what I have heard, that is a purposeful variable they shoot for in some of their blends.

albot9 likes this.
  4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

It's a little like spicey food. Once you decide you like that little bit of pepper (it's different than tongue bite, I think) it's tough to go back to plain stuff.

5. Albert

Albert Active Member

Yeah, It doesn't feel like tongue bite to me at all, but it does leave a tingly sensation in my mouth, kind of like after eating a bit too much captain crunch. (Yes, Im old enough to smoke..yuk yuk.) But I like it, its part of my feeling satisfied after a smoke I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.