1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Decent Churchwarden?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Beale, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beale

Beale Active Member

I am looking for suggestions on a decent Churchwarden. price range it about $50-70, Beale.

2. aquaholic

aquaholic Member

Haven't smoked one myself but Savinelli makes some good looking ones in that price range.

3. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Beale likes this.
  4. Beale

Beale Active Member

5. Blue

Blue Member

Oooh...that Nording is a beaut.

6. YOJiMBO20

YOJiMBO20 Member

It seems weird to my that they call the Nording a billiard. The stummel looks just like my Peterson B10 which is more of a calabash/dublin.

Still a good shape, though.

7. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

I can't believe nobody has mentioned a Walker Forever Churchwarden Stem! I have one on a Diplomat and it's an AWESOME smoker! Allows you to change pipes too while you're at it! Make sure you get the right stem (Filtered/Unfiltered) depending on the pipe(s). I know you've got a cob or smoke one, get a stem and save yourself some money (more $$$'s for toby!) :)

On the briar side, SP has the Savinelli "Black n'White" Semi-Wardens (half warden, shorter stem but longer than standard) for $51-ish (normal sell price $81-ish, msrp is $85-ish?). I have the Prince rusticated bowl. It's a great smoker and well worth the price! Last Christmas Season, SP was blowing them out for $31 each! I'd bet they do it again this year............

:wiz:
    Ed
    Puff

Beale likes this.
  8. Squatch347

Squatch347 Member

I have the Hans Christian Anderson from Stanwell, it is pretty nice. Good feel, easy smoke, nice draw.

9. Beale

Beale Active Member

Thanks for the info on the Forever Stem Churchwarden idea! At 4 Cobs I may just have to get one, Beale.

10. Icepick

Icepick Member

Beale likes this.
  11. MarkC

MarkC Member

That Nording sure is good looking!!

12. YOJiMBO20

YOJiMBO20 Member

I've got a HCA 2. I'd have recommended it, but it's way over the price range.

13. r0n54

r0n54 Member

They are all nice pipes, but I do like the Nording best. just has a classy look to it.

14. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

If you get a sandblasted HCA its only $40 over the price range, and I know that may seem steep to new pipe smokers, but it is well worth it. In general I think if you're willing to spend a little bit more money you get a lot more pipe.

15. YOJiMBO20

YOJiMBO20 Member

Agreed. My HCA is my favourite pipe, both mechanically and aesthetically.

16. Beale

Beale Active Member

I found the HCA2! A beautiful pipe but way out of my league. Disability has its drawbacks! $$ is short.

17. nowsharing

nowsharing Member

You might luck out by keeping an eye on Ebay. If you're not in a hurry, you can sometimes get a deal. I bought a Brebbia Lectura CW and a no-name English CW for about half of your price range. The Brebbia was unsmoked even.

On Ebay, instead of searching for Churchwarden, try searching for "long" within the pipes category. Churchwarden is a popular term, and gathers lots of bidders. If someone just lists a pipe as being "long," then it can sneak by unnoticed.

Good luck in your quest!

Beale likes this.
  18. Beale

Beale Active Member

Thnks! I will give it a look, Beale.

19. Marc

Marc Active Member

I have a friend who has converted some Diplomat cobs to churchwardens using the Walker Forever Churchwarden Stems and they look really nice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.