Decisions - Decisions

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by IrishRover, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

I think I am going crazy.. Every day it's do I purchase a pipe or tobacco.
    Pipe or Tobacco, Pipe or Tobacco.... :dunno:

Cheers!

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I can help.

There was a time when I lacked clarity on that issue, but the answer came to me late one night - I realized that with careful ordering, I could get a pipe AND tobacco from the same retailer!

You're welcome! :goodjob:

3. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Hellish dilemma you're in, and of course you have my deapest sympathy...but you don't really want cured do you - like the rest of us you just want to get a Hell of a lot richer so that you can buy every pipe in the world and all the tobacco!

The only compromise is the one posted earlier - careful shopping ( which should include a weekly Lottery ticket "just in case" )

Bear up meantime!

Gerry

4. Stoked

Stoked Member

I've got pipes. For me, it comes down to tobacco. Why? Tobacco is what I need to smoke, a new pipe is what I want to smoke.

[​IMG]
    I'm thinking about it...

5. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I am up to about 9 or 10 tobaccos with at least a couple more on my wish list.
    Just added my 3rd pipe yesterday and have a couple (or few) more on my wish list too.
    Tough call. I am having the same issue.
    Tobacco is cheaper so it's easier to just get.
    I really want more pipes now though, although I am going to be enjoying breaking in my new Peterson the next week or so. ;)

*How many pipes an tobaccos do you have IrishRover? What's the ratio?

6. kreinhard

kreinhard Member

I maybe accidentally bought an estate Kaywoodie on eBay last night. Immediately afterward I thought, "OMG, that's less than a tin of tobacco!" I was feeling a little guilty about it, as I don't really need another pipe. Then it occurred to me that I just need to apply my wife's logic:

The pipe was about 1/3 the price of a new one. By spending $10, I have actually saved $20! So, I can now buy two tins of tobacco! WOOHOO!

Creative logic FTW!

7. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

Go for both!

My wife and I worked out a deal. If I get to spend money on pipe stuff, she gets to spend money on her crochet habit. So at least once a week, you can hear me yell, "Hey honey, you get to buy more yarn today." It really helps soften the blow and we both end up happy.

8. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Try buying a Castello every other month.
    That may slow you down a bit!! Time for
    another TAD order for me.

dp

9. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Insure that you have enough of your favorite weeds cellared to last though the dry spells and during the dry spells buy pipes.....Simple really.

10. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

You must be strong. There will always be temptation. Ah hell,buy some more!
    Be well.

11. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

There is no cure, just give in and be happy.

12. ChrisD

ChrisD Member

Pipes, and more pipes. Don't stop buying until you have at least 4 for every day of the week. Then toby will be easy, and its a lot cheaper.

13. cmw00

cmw00 Member

It wasn't that long ago that I was posting about PAD, but that seems to have died down for me. I have some good smoking briars that I got for cheap off ebay and other places, and I have a nice assortment of cobs. I've came to the conclusion that I'd like to get a couple of "nicer" pipes, so the pennies will be saved for those.

I'm definitely in more of a TAD phase. A fellow member really helped that along today by gifting me many many samples!

I think my major pipe purchase this week will be 2 "Forever" stems for cobs!

14. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I think I got a new 1 a week TAD going here. heh
    I can't stop. I can't help myself. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.