Delivery too efficient

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by PipeWife, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

I placed an order with Pipes & Cigars late last week, which included hubby's Christmas present on it. Qualified for and selected free UPS ground shipping. The catch here is that they have sent it to my USPS Priority with signature confirmation - which means instead of tomorrow or Wednesday morning it will arrive here this afternoon ... probably after hubby is home from work!

Usually I would be extremely pleased with such efficiency ... except there is just no way I will be able to hide and wrap his gift. (*sigh!*) Back to the drawing board on the gift idea, I suppose.

Old Codger, SteveH and Eric Pierson like this.
  2. SteveH

SteveH Active Member

Problems, problems, eh?

3. Goat

Goat Active Member

You can send it to me as a Christmass gift. You don't even need to wrap it. This old goats pretty easy to please.

Spillproof likes this.
  4. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

Usually I am just horrible at keeping presents secret and a surprise ... this one time I managed to keep him from seeing what all was in the cart before the order and managed to keep my mouth shut (I think!) so that he remarked that he is wondering ... I guess I'll have to see how it works out when it comes. I had hoped that this would finally be the year I could surprise him (like every year before ...)

ETA: Goat hun, you get an "E" for effort on that one.

Preacher1611, Spillproof and dwaugh like this.
  5. Buckshot

Buckshot Member

Are you familiar with your postman's delivery route? My postman delivers to surrounding blocks before mine. I see him around the neighborhood about an hour and a half before he gets here.

If you know approximately where he might be now, you could go find him and get your package from him before your hubby gets home.

6. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

Buckshot, I am on foot as hubby has our vehicle and the postal route is mostly a driving one. One day the week before last he didn't get here until dinner time after covering the downtown business route. I think they are taking their vacations before the big holiday rush gets going strong.

7. Buckshot

Buckshot Member

I know exactly what you mean. When my regular carrier is on vacation my mail arrives anywhere from 2-4 hours later than normal.

Good luck. I hope it all works out in your favor.

8. HazyDat620

HazyDat620 Member

lol, thats funny cause my mail normally arrives around 6 pm and when its someone else doing the route it arrives around noon:confused:, and also some etailers will send your package to usps via ups so that could be it.

9. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

USPS priority is tracking it as being out with the carrier ... but hubby is home already, happy to be home while it's still daylight, and has agreed to find something else to do in another room when the box comes ... probably open the box that's tracking for him! Whew ... a little communication and I am saved.

HazyDat620 and Buckshot like this.
  10. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

When I had a package with something for Pat, I had it delivered to my work address....come to think about it, I did that with some pipes/tobacco I bought for me...LOL Now that I'm retired, I send it to a fellow conspirator...my daughter.

11. afiaowo

afiaowo Member

On most packages, with most carriers, you can request that they hold the package at either the post office or hub. I’ve done this and it works well. Once you get the confirmation number you can make the request.

12. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I'm pretty put off by international mailing. It takes forever, and two people I send packages have yet to receive them. I was thinking yesterday how happy I'd be just be be home for a while. I'm reluctant to even make an order now.

Maybe fool around in the yard for a few minutes while you waits to intercept the delivery person.

13. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

Go to the Post Office and ask them to hold all packages that you will pick them up. You might explain that your husband's Christmas is expected and that you want it surprise him. I bet they will do it.

Capt likes this.
  14. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

How'd it all work out for you? Were you able to keep the package a secret?

15. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

Yes, he got his own package in the mail that day, so we took our respective boxes into different rooms. I was able to hide what needed hiding, then brought the rest of the loot out to divvy up. Everything turned out just fine. :)

Preacher1611 likes this.
  16. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

Awesome! :th1:

PipeWife likes this.
  17. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

As long as he isn't lurking over your
    shoulder whilst you type that, you
    should be fine.

18. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

He's at the slave pit anyway, and I never said what - or even where - I hid the secret. That's intentional ... he mentioned he might join here, so he's probably been lurking to check things out first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.