1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Did I do good?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ch3360, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ch3360

ch3360 Member

I've always wanted a Boswell and won one on eBay yesterday..... Sorry, if your the guy I outbid ;)

This is my first estate pipe. How does it look to the seasoned veterans here? Can't wait to get her. Thanks for the feedback......

Chris

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390477548240?

2. buistd

buistd Sales Account

Looks like a good buy to me. I've never seen a Boswell in the flesh but they look like decent pipes and the price you got it for seems very reasonable.

3. krusty

krusty Active Member

I didn't bid on that one but I was watching it. With 9 other bidders in the fray I'd say ya did good!

4. furious

furious Junque collector

Nice carved bent apple at a good price. I have a Boswell, a carved poker, and it is a nice smoker. Most are wide-open and well made. J.M. is really known for his jumbo pipes though, which I would love to own someday. Been to the shop several times and J.M. and his son Dan are very friendly and knowledgable about briar and tobacco. Try their Northwoods blend if you like English mixtures.

5. Hudson

Hudson Member

Seeing as it "comes nestled in its own pipe box," I'd say you did pretty well.

Dondi likes this.
  6. snowman

snowman Member

Congrats nice pipe at a nice price,Enjoy.

7. Jeebs

Jeebs Active Member

Looks like a good'en..I bet u will enjoy smoking your favorite blend in it.

8. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

Nice snag! Smoke it well!

9. BurghBriar

BurghBriar Member

You did well! Boswells are good smokers, that's a fair price, and Pipestud is a reputable dealer; he's on my favorite seller list, and he'd tell you about any problems with the pipe, if there were any apparent, such as over reaming or burnout. Nice score.

10. ch3360

ch3360 Member

Thanks for the responses.... Hopefully she will be home by the middle of the week. Then a good cleaning followed by some better smoking.

11. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

As a owner of many Boswells I say you did great. J.M. Boswell makes pipes at a fair market price. I cant say any of the ones I have are bad, or mediocre pipes. They all smoke way above their price point. I am lucky enough to live not that far away from their shop in Chambersburg, Pa.. They are wonderful people to deal with. If you dont want to tackle the clean up process of the pipe---If you send it to them they will clean it up for you. Congrats on getting it, and I hope you receive much enjoyment from it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.