Did I Make A Mistake?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Dunhill93, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dunhill93

Dunhill93 Member

I just placed and order on pipes and cigars.com (man i love this site), for a 50g tin of G.L. Pease Key Largo and a 1oz sample of C&D Billy Budd. Next week I will be ordering some G.L. Pease Jackknife plug. Did i choose some pretty crappy tobacco or was that a good buy? I like to drift towards the cigar blends because I like the subtle flavor notes that cigar leaf contributes (creaminess, wood, leather, earth cocoa etc.....)

2. Locopony

Locopony Member

Its hard to go wrong with GLP.

3. Capt

Capt Active Member

Yes you did great. I love the JKP, especially with a bit of age on it.

Rodfather likes this.
  4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Never had Key Largo or Billy Bud....but the Jack Knife Ready Rubbed is great, and I assume the plug must be as well (same blend, after all). I've smoked Union Square, Stratford, Jack Knife RR, and Odyssey from G.L. Pease and like them all. I've smoked a few C&D tobaccos, too, and like most of them. Adagio isn't my favorite, but I love Old Joe Krantz, Star of the East, Exhausted Rooster, Night Train, Haunted Bookshop....yeah, I'd say based on my experience with these brands there's likely something for every taste, and if it sounds good to you its definitely worth a try!

5. andrew

andrew Member

I've never been disappointed by anything from GLP. Good selection on your part.

6. Nuck81

Nuck81 Member

I'm smoking some GLP Quiet Nights right now.

I was unsure of it at first being my first blend with Latakia, but it has grown on me.

I'm probably going to search out another English this weekend, or Plumcake if I can find it. I saw a tin of Plumcake once but didn't pull the trigger. Been dying to get hold of some since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.