1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Diplomat question?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Beale, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beale

Beale Active Member

Well I got my new Diplomat today. I noticed that on this cob MM has a block of wood in bottom? I am guessing this to be normal for the Diplomat?

My question is this. I wonder why this is not done on their other pricier Cobs? Beale.

2. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Not sure why some do and some don't. My Gent doesn't seem to have one, but my General does, and they were the same price. It's supposed to prevent burn-through, but I doubt I'll burn the bottom out of either one, given where the stem meets the bowl.

Beale likes this.
  3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Diplomat, Patriot, Freehand, Dane Egg & Spool, and some of the older MM's Milleniums and some Presentation grades. The wood bottom gives a sense of security but as long as you just smoke the cob and don't try to take it's virginity with the poker, the soft-tails do just fine. I like 'em both. Some pipers say the soft-tails smoke better than the hard-tails.......... overall, I do too but I like them all. :)

Ed
    Puff

Beale likes this.
  4. Beale

Beale Active Member

Thanks guys! I was curious? I broke her in this AM. I am gonna really like this one! Beale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.