1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Disaster!

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by ElCommi, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElCommi

ElCommi Member

So the past few weeks have been crazy. Lots of work to be done for my degree, laid off at my job. New baby teething!

What better way to relax than to head out for a spot of fishing. After getting home, it seems as though I have very likely left (or lost!) my pouch (one the wife got me as a christmas gift), freshly laden with 2 ounces of tobacco, my lighter and my lovely ebony peterson 314.

I am distraught. I swore I had it in my pocket, but as there was quite a lot of snow and jumping about, I think it has fallen out and I never noticed before driving home. I've torn the house apart.

To make it all the worse, we never caught a thing.

Morse likes this.
  2. Calvinandpipe

Calvinandpipe Active Member

Sorry to hear about that.:( I know how you feel though, I lost a S&W .357 while hiking around once, just slipped out of the fanny pack somehow.
    Hey, at least you got to go fishing. Count your blessings.

3. Tate

Tate Member

When you're going through hell... Keep going.

4. dBear

dBear Active Member

I commiserate with you. FWIW, the old saying is true, "This too shall pass."

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

For some reason , 25 % of the tunes I write mention Hell . Just so ya know .. I'm stealing your quote because it's fantastic :eek: Don't look for a royalty check .. not many people are paying to see me play folk music lately .

Elcommi , I'm sorry to hear about your pouch ... Lord knows I've lost a few . Often times I find them after a while .. maybe a day or maybe a year later . As an example .. I lost all three of my Zippos this week , recovered 2 and just had the third in my hand , so I know it's around here somewhere

6. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Well-Known Member

That truly sucks.:mad:

Wicker Man and dBear like this.
  7. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

EICommi:
    I am VERY to hear of your mis-hap. However try to allow yourself to calm down a bit, and back track your day. Perhaps if you just take your time yuo may find your pipe, and pouch(I am hoping).
    It may not be found, but just try to slowly cover your tracks for the day. I am with you in hoping aginst all odds you may have some luck.
    Remember--when we as a person feel we have reached a low point in our lives--we are like a tiny rubber ball. Its not how hard we hit when we feel we hit bottom--its how far we can use that opportunity to bounce.
    Studies, and a baby are tough---do your best. Your education, and a child are worth your efforts.
    As for your lay off--hang in there---take time to look at your situation. Make EVERY opportunity to seek, and find in a bad situation a way to turn it in your favor. It may seem dim.
    Keep the faith buddy---NOW--get out there, and find that pipe. I wish you all the luck, and hope for many blessings to come your way. REMAIN STRONG.

MainePipe and Brit abroad like this.
  8. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

I mean't to say I am VERY sorry to hear of your mis-hap--dog gone it--try to type with ten thumbs is hard.:byg:

9. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

I hope your pouch returns to you. Until then, soldier on my friend, soldier on...

10. Tate

Tate Member

I'd love to take credit but I believe the quote, or at least its paraphrasing, goes to Winston Churchill. And odds are he took it from someone else.

ruffinogold likes this.
  11. sonarman

sonarman Member

A bad day fishing......

Sorry to hear about your luck Brother.

12. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Hopefully it will turn up soon.

13. Marc Freeman

Marc Freeman Member

Bad luck, hope it turns up.

14. derrickyoung

derrickyoung Member

Never lose hope.

I bought my wife a diamond tennis bracelet for our 10th anniversary. Sure enough it fell off one day and we could not find it. Ripped the house and yard apart to no avail. 18 months later walking to a friends house about 2km away bracelet found in the grace beside the sidewalk. Never seen her cry so much over a good thing

ElCommi likes this.
  15. ElCommi

ElCommi Member

Thanks for the kind words! I've gone over it a dozen times, I think it's gone for good.
    As they say, you "gotta roll with the punches".
    After putting the baby to bed, I had a few jars of whiskey.. and may have ordered a new one. I think In future, I'll leave my good pipes at home. :p

MainePipe, Jussto and dBear like this.
  16. Pfeifenraucher

Pfeifenraucher Member

Ruff, you never cease to amaze. Mayor of PSF, musician, what CAN'T you do? :bow:

17. Eddie

Eddie Member

it'd be worth backtracking to the fishing spot. these things to crop back up. if not you got another day out.

18. Moose

Moose Active Member

Too bad they don't have lojack for pipes and pouches. :ohyh:

Sorry about your loss. This too shall pass.....

19. StubrnDutchman

StubrnDutchman Member

I lost a pocket watch once. It was a X-mas gift from my niece. I found it a year or so later.

I'd left it hanging on the treadmill while timing my self! :oops:

ElCommi and MikeInMaine like this.
  20. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

I keep a cob, czech tool, and bic lighter in my tackle box, and my fly fishing vest, and just throw in a tin of whatever I want to smoke on the water that day when I leave the house (FMOTB is usually my lucky fishing tobacco). That way if worst comes to worst, I'm not out anything major.

I hope your pouch makes it home soon! If it helps, I've lost my favorite pouch and two pipes at least twice, and it turned back up sooner or later!

Arkie and ElCommi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.