1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Distinguished Gentleman?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ATXPipe, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATXPipe

ATXPipe Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Anybody here tried this blend? I'm looking at TR.com & it appears as though this stuff not only smells great, it also tastes like nirvana, is cased with a heady combination of angel feathers & unicorn tears, makes you attractive to anybody within a fifteen mile radius, and can also be used as a form of currency on several small-ish islands.

I'll probably go ahead and order some, just in case, but wanted to see if anybody here had tried & loved or hated it? Did it solve all of your problems, or cure that nasty case of TAD?
  2. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    I've not heard of that one, but it sounds like something I'd like to try. The only thing that worries me is the "makes you attractive to anybody" part... Some need to be repelled more than attracted. :roflmao:
  3. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Feb 11, 2010
    I've not tried it, but thanks for scaring me off...anything that sounds that good, can't be.

Now, if it says it caused flesh rot, mental instability, and smells like yesterday's dirty adult diaper, I would be intrigued.
  4. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

Jan 22, 2011
    That was one of the best reviews I've ever heard. Two points to you. I might have to look into it... let us know what you think.

Happy Smoking
  5. CMAsailor

CMAsailor Active Member

Apr 3, 2011
    well, I was curious also, so I bought a can, it showed up this morning.

The can aroma had me feeling there was a little too much aromatic in there, I had a feeling it might be that way but hoped not. after lighting up the first few puffs were like most aromatics to me, flavorless but with a hint of sweet, barely. then out of no where, im guessing when the tobac got up to temp, the burley and virginia began to come out and toasted their way to the bottom of the bowl developing itself on the way. I was very, unexpectedly, pleased. Tested it in a brand new MM pride so I would guess it would taste a bit "darker" out of my briars as the nekid cob seems to lighten things up a bit.
    Disclaimer : YMMV And it was my first bowl of this tobac, hard to judge a tobac on the first bowl.

FWIW, it's claimed to be a crossover, whatever that means, and i can see how it would open the door for strictly aro smokers to the world of toasted matured VAs and Burleys, but it's definitely shy of an english and I cant sense any latakia as one of the reviews on tobaccoreviews.com claimed

At the very least it will be one of my experimenting blenders and may turn out to be a regular in the rotation even though my others have a bit more breadth
  6. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

Jan 10, 2011
    I've had a few bowls of this now and still am not sure how to define it. It is light on the latakia, about the same level as BHT, but with a pronounced "topping". It is a pleasant smoke but I don't know if it is worth ordering more. I'll give the rest some age then re-visit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.