1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a favorite "ghost"?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Ol Brokedik, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

This is true!

2. MakDragon

MakDragon Illegitimi non carborundum

I have a pipe that I bought from John Connolly's Pipe and Barber Shop in Clarks Summit, Pa about 15 years ago. I started smoking his blend called "Shannon's" at the time and really liked it. His description was if you like Captain Black, you're going to love this. I tried it and until I became more learned on this forum and diversified my tobacco, I pretty much smoked only that mixture. I smoked it exclusively in that pipe and another large Brebia. Now that John has passed, the ghost in that pipe is a nice reminder of a very nice man. His wife still blends the tobacco and runs the shop, sans the barber part.

yinyang and Ol Brokedik like this.
  3. Beale

Beale Active Member

Vlad? The Impaler? No I really do not. My taste buds are not as refined as some. I just like certain smokes. I do not tend to taste another one? Beale.

4. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

The wispy hints of Ennerdale go with everything. Okay, well, not with English blends . Okay, okay, not with any non-Kendalish tobacco. Okay, okay, okay, not with Chocolate Flake of either Gawith family. Okay, okay, okay, okay, it mostly goes with more Ennerdale. Got a problem with that?

Ol Brokedik likes this.
  5. DMWyatt

DMWyatt Member

I don't have a favorite ghost, as I'm utterly terrified of them. Lakeland ghosts terrify me the most, so much so that I actually soaked a pipe in denatured alcohol overnight a few days ago, to try and exorcise it. The ghost won that round, and it appears that I will have to accept the fact that I have a pipe dedicated solely to Squadron Leader. I fear I must now purchase more Squadron Leader to appease the spirit, lest it resurrects my childhood fear of the dark. :oops:

6. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Yes, you need more Squadron Leader and a night light. Courage!

OBD.

7. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.