1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you put a new pipe in your mouth before buying it?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Ol Brokedik, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Reassuring Bovine Moderation Moderator

Jun 10, 2009
    This is true.

Be aware there are certain devil-may-care madmen among us who might be satisfied with the "will it run a pipecleaner" test and then the peek to see "how-low-and-center-is-the-airhole" test and then the "clench with a plastic cover" test who will THEN actually poke a hole in the plastic cover and execute the potentially lethal "how does it draw and will it whistle" test. Just a heads up.

Also, do you ever do any carpentry and put nails, tacks or screws in you mouth? If so, I have it on good authority that some people at the fastener factory routinely pee on the hardware before it's packaged.

Seriously. That makes me crazy. Smithfield BBQ's have a nice big sink in front of the ordering counter. This means you can have clean healthy hands for your healthy fried chicken... D'OH! ... assuming you didn't handle money after handwashing. Oops. See first paragraph re: farmers - http://scnbnc.com/corpinfo.php
  2. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

Feb 7, 2011
    I don't go jambing things in my maw before bying them, I will heft it and see its balance, or I ask the bloke behind the counter, hoping that he is more skilled in the art than I.
  3. sorringowl

sorringowl SorringowlandSons.etsy.com

Aug 2, 2010
    I think that's a pretty good way to gauge. I mean, I don't know about the chicken part but :eek:hyeah:

Maybe I could make a mold of my teeth, cast them into porcelain dentures, and then put them between my fingers and test it out?

No. That's just weird.
  4. Icepick

Icepick Member

Dec 25, 2010
    I went in a small tobacco place a few weeks ago that gave free samples of whatever tobacco you wanted to try. Before putting your hand in the jar they insist on you using their sanitizing soap and brawny towel before doing so. No problem, works for me. Never, ever put a pipe in my mouth before buying it. Never even considered it until now.
  5. Kyler

Kyler Member

Mar 12, 2011
    As someone who worked as a tobacconist for over 10 years, My fellow coworkers & I hated it when people did that. It is not your pipe yet so don't put it in your mouth.

Do normal people do that with a coffee mug, silverware, and etc when you shop for those items? No

So my best advice is do not do it.

If you get a pipe with a draw problem take it to the shop where you purchased it from. If there a defect in the pipe I am sure the shop will refund your money or replace the pipe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.