1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anybody still like Captain Black?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Unforgivin, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atwageman

atwageman Member

And this is what Captain Quint thinks about Captain Black

[​IMG]

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Ogly...your back!

3. CBR

CBR Member

Hahaha!!

As for the cap'n, I'd have to say that on occassion CBW is nice after a heavy lat blend as no matter how it's smoked it'll always be smooth and mellow.

4. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

My only fondness for CB is due to the fact a neighbor (in my youth)smoked it all the time. I smoked a pouch of it when I started up the pipe...found it benign to a fault. Maybe it's me, but anything black cavendish, and more recently, burley, equates to a forgettable experience.
    (It also doesn't help that it's 5 bucks for 1.5 oz. around here...I can get 2 ounces of McC Red Cake for a few pennies less...a no-brainer, that.)

5. Philthy

Philthy Member

CBW is what I started smoking when I first picked up the pipe. Could be that I went overboard with a couple of the tubs that are unopened (probably wont be anytime soon) but there you have it. I would probably even be glad to reduce that stockpile but I am not sweating it.

- and YES, I STILL LIKE IT. No apologies , no excuses, deal with it. :velho: :velho:

Granted, not very often, and I wish it did not have the glycol in it. Every now and then I find myself drifting back for a bowl especially around folks that might not like my stronger Virginia aroma.

6. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

It's nice and cool under all the bricks! :velho:

7. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

Boy, I've missed seeing this face every time I log in. Thanks for the flashback.

8. Brian

Brian Member

I had a pouch of CBW about a year ago. I don't think it was that bad. It wasn't great either. My biggest problem is the price. It's like $7 a pouch here.

I like an occasional sweet-ish, vanilla black cavendish every once in a while for a change of pace. I have another blend in my cellar that fills that need, is cheaper, and tastes more natural. CBW still has a touch of chemical taste to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.