1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone else like a warmer smoke?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by troyn60, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troyn60

troyn60 Member

I see the words "cool smoke" a lot around here, but I like the warmth of pipe smoking. I want the smoke to be good and warm when it gets to my mouth and when I blow it out of my nose. Obviously, I don't want my pipe to burn up, though. Anyone else like a warmer smoke?

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I get what youre saying . To me , Middletons Cherry Blend is like that . It's not hot and dosent bite bad , it's just got a warm smoke to it which I enjoy .I've had some blends that are so cool and mello that I got bored to tears . It's all good ... depends on mood :)

3. David L

David L Member

Yeah sometimes....it depends on what I'm smoking. I like aromatics to be warm if they aren't the goopy type. But that's just me......

4. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

I think Ruffin's nailed it - it depends on the mood. Soemetimes too it depends for me on the seasons or what I'm drinking - if I'm outddors on a snowy or frosty day with some robust Britsh Flake I will take it harder and smoke it warmer and ditto if I've one of my favourite aromatics loaded for an after dinner smoke with a glass of red wine!

I suspect though we use the term cool smoke to distinguish it form a "tongue burner" when describing tobacco,

Happy smoking cool or warm!

Gerry

5. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

What I mean when I say a blend smokes "cool" is that it doesn't get the pipe so hot I can't hold it and it doesn't blister the varnish of the pipe from excessive heat. I suppose someone who smokes a church warden would have a different idea about what the term means.

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I've always taken hot or cool to be the smoke itself .. I think some pipes get warmer than others but it dosent mean the smoke is hot ... the heat has got to go somewhere . I like the way clays smoke but I woulnt hold the bowl ya know . My new favorite pipe is a Hilson Meer lined chimney . Theres hardly any wood around the meeer and the bowl gets pretty freakin hot but the smoke is heavenly . :innocent:

7. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Bingo. Smoke, being a natural byproduct of fire, is not going to be exactly cool. But stoked properly, it won't be scalding, either. Nice and warm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.