1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Does Half and Half tobacco have alcohol in it?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by galapogosian, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galapogosian

galapogosian Member

I can't find the answer on Google. Can anyone say definitively? As an alcoholic, I avoid the stuff altogether, even the miniscule amount that might be used to flavor this.

Thanks.

ted likes this.
  2. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

I would think that when the pipe is lit that residual alcohol in any blend would be burned off, the flavor may remain but no booze.

3. ted

ted Member

Mine does... Cannot smoke it unless I've had a dram of Jim Beam.

H&H is some of the vilest tobacco I've ever tried... even with the new maker.. ted

Smokey Tom, Bear84, Thuber88 and 2 others like this.
  4. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Don't sugar coat it, Ted.

Wildcat, jpberg, ted and 1 other person like this.
  5. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

jeeezzz Ted...I kinda like it! which OTC do you prefer?

I haven't noticed any kind of alcohol flavoring, but if it tickles your booze nerve I'd say stay away from it!

ted likes this.
  6. JoeSmall

JoeSmall Member

Haven't tried it yet but I got a pouch for my first year OTC get it out of the way thing. I don't especially care for the taste of alcohol and at one point was in recovery so I understand. If you want I'll throw some in a legend and get back to you with my ridiculously limited opinion. If you say yes I'll just say thanks for the chance to smoke something new.

7. TWolf

TWolf Member

Tobacco Reviews says it has a "Heavy casing of Anise." And that the flavoring is "Alcohol/Liquor/Other/Misc".

I tried Half & Half recently and I knew it had an unusual aroma that I couldn't place. I'm half Italian and have known the taste of Anisette since I was a kid and that's not what Half & Half smells or tastes like to me. In any case, yeah, it does seem to be cased with liquor.

ted likes this.
  8. ted

ted Member

Carter Hall, Prince Albert, Sugar Barrell, My own mixture #78, Milan Midnight, and my "Who Cares" tub..

Wildcat, colorduke and gentimmy like this.
  9. mugwump

mugwump Member

Some say it has a rum aroma in the pouch but I've always thought it was more like IHOP butter pecan syrup. It sure doesn't taste like booze.

10. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Half&Half does have an alcohol topping. See Tobacco Reviews.com.

11. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Enjoying H&H right now. I'll get back to when I sober-up!:dkn:

12. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Agreed .. it seems half of anything with a casing of some sort is listed as having Anisette . I'm all Wop , and I figure the bulk of the people that say things are flavored with Anisette either wish they were Italian or just like to type the word Anisette . Next to the word .. Cloying , it's probably the next most abused word . Heck , if anything ... Half and Half might have a Rolling Rock top note ... I love it

Wildcat, gentimmy and TWolf like this.
  13. tungbite

tungbite Member

Carter Hall tubs have a very strong light rum smell when you open a fresh tub. I don't get this smell from a fresh pouch. :dkn:

14. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

I'm also my 100% Dago ... specifically from the Wapajo tribe. I'm not wild about anisette, however I still love my pizzelle's and biscotti's. I don't know what 1/2&1/2 but I am certainly enjoying it. To me, it's the most uniquely flavored OTC on the shelf.

TWolf likes this.
  15. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Listerine comes to mind when I think of Half & Half...:laff:

16. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

I never got any booze flavour from it but definitely a strong (to my tastes anyhow) anise flavour. Not a favourite of mine but I do enjoy mixed into a bowl of something a bit more natural from time to time.

17. galapogosian

galapogosian Member

I appreciate everyone weighing in. I guess I'll avoid it. I realize I'm probably not actually getting alcohol, but it's a comfort zone thing.

18. galapogosian

galapogosian Member

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.