1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Don Carlos 2 Note Montana

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Xecutech, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xecutech

Xecutech Member

I bought this Don Carlos 2 Note Montana today. It was brand new in the box, but has been in the show case at the tobacconist for over 10 years.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lestrade, Motard, IrishRover and 3 others like this.
  2. ArtisanArcher

ArtisanArcher Member

I like the musical staff in the stem. That's a nice pipe!

3. Xecutech

Xecutech Member

Thank you. I had them take this pipe out of the show case every time I visited the past 4 times over several weeks. I finally pulled the trigger and it's mine!
    I have bought way too many pipes over the past 4 weeks, but this one was too good to pass on.

Dondi and Mount Mandolin like this.
  4. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

That is a beauty! Great choice!

5. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

:drly: Wowowowowowow!!!! What a BEAUTIFUL pipe! Holy freakin crap, man! I am a real sucker for grain, and this thing MORE than satisfies in that category, not to mention the gorgeous shape. I also happen to be a real sucker for rounded shapes like that (my Pete System is a 303), and that's one of the most beautiful examples of a rounded shape pipe that I've ever seen. The birdseye on the bottom is just absolutely jaw-dropping.

Oh, and by the way, what's that band made of? Looks like silver, but I've found that it's hard to tell in pictures.

Fantastic buy, man! HUGE congratulations to you! I'm very jealous!

6. Xecutech

Xecutech Member

The band is silver, and the section that goes into the pipe is silver as well. The pipe has a huge bowl, comparable to a Savenilli 320, but deeper.
    I get to break it in slowly tomorrow, but I am going to take my time and build up to it.

I have never broke in a pipe with an unfinished bowl like this, so I am afraid I will mess her up.

Not to rub it in, but it's prettier than the pics show. She's a blonde with red highlights. That's how my wife described her.

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  7. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Absolutely beautiful pipe. Congrats!!

8. Vaquero

Vaquero Member

That's a seriously beautiful pipe, the grain is amazing. 10 years in a display case, it's about time somebody took that sucker home to give it some purpose in life! Only thing better than looking at it would be smoking it! Enjoy

9. Xecutech

Xecutech Member

Thanks guys. I will let you know how it smokes. My other Don Carlos smokes great, and this one has an even better draw.

50rayj likes this.
  10. Steve Dennis

Steve Dennis Member

Beautiful pipe, congrats!

50rayj likes this.
  11. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Wow, that's a sweet looking pipe...

12. Motard

Motard Member

Very nice! Congratulations

13. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

That is a beauty!

14. 50rayj

50rayj Active Member

Awesome pipe that's just brimming with class. Congratulations, that's a purchase you'll never regret. The money you spend on real quality is soon forgotten but the quality will go with you for a lifetime.

15. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Congrats! That is a seriously beautiful pipe with wonderful grain! IMHO, there's something about those squarish chamber shapes (like this one and the 320's) that brings out the best in latakia blends. Enjoy!!

16. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Nice pipe!

17. YOJiMBO20

YOJiMBO20 Member

As a classically trained musician, I've wanted a Don Carlos since I first heard about them. But that's probably not gonna happen for a looooong time.

18. Xecutech

Xecutech Member

Funny that I had just started enjoying classical music a few months back, before I heard of these. Then when I ran across this one, it inspired me to purchase it. If I hadn't started listening to classical, then I may have passed on it. Funny how pipe purchases are affected by your personailty and/or surroundings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.