1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Dr Garbow

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by mort25, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mort25

mort25 Member

Im interested in buying a Dr Garbow pipe, does anywhere in the UK sell them?

Answers on a post card .........

Thank you!

2. Icepick

Icepick Member

While you will have a lot of difficulty finding a Dr Garbow, finding a Dr. Grabow shouldn't be a problem. :xd:
    Sorry, couldn't resist. I promise I'm not from the spelling police.
    Seriously, I did a quick search and found ;
    Wilsons & Co. (Sharrow) Ltd. PO Box 32, Sharrow Mills, Sheffield S11 8PL

3. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

I remember Greta Garbow!....or was it Garbo?, my mind wanders lately :eek:hyeah:

4. mort25

mort25 Member

:fpc:

5. Icepick

Icepick Member

:roflmao:

6. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

In the event you decide to visit "The Toon" - Newcastle; in the Grainger Market you'll find what looks like a maximum secutity punishment block cell with an Asian locked inside selling good tobaccos discounted heavily...and would you believe this Oriental Gentleman sells Doc Grabows at £28.00 a throw.

Having bought the pipe and tobacco then accost the nearest native with he magic words "Wayhay Bonnie Lad, were's the Wetherspoons nextra Goose?" and it being a friendly city he will direct you to the cheapest retailers of alcoholic refreshment in "The Toon."

Newcastle Brown Ale is referred to as "The Dog" its place of birth btw.

Good luck!

Gerry

7. mort25

mort25 Member

I have some in-laws in Newcastle and we are thinking of going to the Newcastle beer festival in April so I just might have to have a look!

8. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Fine city the "Toon" is - I've a soft spot for Northumberland in general and the "Toon" in particular. My stepson lives and works there and tells me the correct question to track down the dicount tobacconist in the market is "WhauraPakiratsellsraBacci?" with a rising inlection on both "i" s!

If coming from the South there is also an excellent tobacconist pipe seller who really knows his stuff in Durham market, in the Old Town over the Bridge - his name's Jim, he's a retired policeman and he has an extensive selection of good new pipes at keen prices including top of the range models. Highly recommended,

Best as ever

Gerry

9. futervest

futervest Member

I am not familiar with the uk But just in case you are interested in my opinion If you are looking for a new DR G They arent worth the money. quality took a dump years ago As a restorer I am seeing tons of theese pipes coming on the market for sale only used 1 or 2 time and then discarded Might I recomend buying a refurbishe vintage modle Dr G

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.