1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Grabow Question (Achtung, Ted)...

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Coda, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

So earlier today, I was perusing pipesandcigars.com. I was looking at the Grabow's they offer, and I saw this...

[​IMG]

Take notice of the smooth pipe to the front. Below is a picture I took just a few moments ago of one of my Grabow's...

[​IMG]

As you may be able to read, my pipe says "Grand Duke"...but the above picture is what pipesandcigars.com shows for the Bent Rivera. My question: is pipesandcigars.com wrong? or did I get some sort of magic (mistake) pipe?...

2. Nuck81

Nuck81 Member

It may just be me, but the bowls look slightly different.

Your grand duke looks shorter and fatter

3. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Could be. The top photo is a bit angled. And in my photo, the pipe appears more red than it does in person. I'd never seen another Grand Duke like it. Thats why I bought it actually. Back in May, I was walking through my local Walgreens, and just happened to see it behind the counter. I'd never seen that shape of Grabow in a store before, and I just felt like I had to have it. I have yet to see another one posted online. When I saw the Rivera photo, I thought maybe there was a mix-up, which would explain it all. Then again, perhaps its all legit, and I just happened to get the last of an old stock...or something.

4. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

I don't know, I wonder if it could be that you got some sort of factory mistake, this is my Grand Duke and it looks similar to the others I've seen:
    [​IMG]

5. Bradabelko4

Bradabelko4 Member

It looks as if the bowl of your pipe is a little shorter and wider. I may also be wrong.

6. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

I love that shape. The rings on the bowl really make the pipe. I have another Grand Duke, and old one, rusticated. It looks just like the rusticated one shown on the Grabow website.

Im not angry, or anything...it just occurred to me that the pipe looked more like a Rivera than other Grand Dukes Ive seen. Its one of my favorite pipes...

Preacher1611 likes this.
  7. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

It's definately a nice pipe you got!

8. PipeLotus

PipeLotus Member

I can speak from experience when I say Dr. Grabow has a HUGE variation in each line. I have a Grand Duke in that shape, but I also have a Grand Duke with a small billiard looking bowl. The Duke, Riviera, and a few other lines, have numerous shapes and sizes. If you google Dr. Grabow Forums I'm sure they can help you identify what model number that is. :)

Preacher1611 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.