Dragon Breath!

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by IKEE, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IKEE

IKEE Member

We all have our favorite tobaccos for whatever reason. My question is this:
    Do you have a tobacco that, after smoking, makes your breath smell anything but gnarly?
    I actually like the aftertaste of Mac Baren Club Blend. Mac Baren Black Ambrosia leaves my breath in a horid state! Mixture isn't bad either.

What blends give you a lip-smackin' aftertaste?
    Which ones give you dragon breath?

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Middletons Cherry Blend dosent leave my mouth like Obamas brain ........................................................... [ f.o.s. ] ;)

3. Redone

Redone Member

To tell you the truth ..all of them. Any pipe toby leaves my mouth smelling like the bottom of a Hamster cage.

Dutchking22 likes this.
  4. ddandb

ddandb Member

If it bothers you (or a loved one) just brush your teeth and tounge when done.

Mark w4mms and YOJiMBO20 like this.
  5. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

I don't know if I have dragon breath. I don't let anyone get that close to me.

Ol Brokedik.

6. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

This is actally one of the reasons I started smoking the pipe. I figured if I had horrible pipe breath too, I wouldn't notice ruffino's as much. So far it's been working great, though I am waiting until the day comes when he tells me I have dragon pipe breath.

telltime likes this.
  7. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

And you will tell him the D-I-V-O-R-C-E Papers are on the table:haha: (sorry, didn't meant o get all Tammy Wynete on ya)

8. ruffinogoldswife

Never happen! Too much marital bliss here and now we even share a hobby.

9. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

I don't know, I can't tell...

10. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

I always brush my teeth after smoking.

11. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

I usually drink coffee while smoking so I get the double whammy. The best remedy has already been stated: brushing the teeth afterward. It's part of the ritual: Smoke the pipe, then brush the teeth and wash my hands. And maybe spray some Febreeze if my clothes are left stinky. Sometimes I'll chew gum instead if I'm not at home, or just deal with it. Sometimes dragon breath can be great for keeping people away.

12. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Come to think of it ... IRC Buttered Rum leaves my mouth like ... :poop: . It's great to smoke and the room note is unreal good ... but nothings perfect

13. ruffinogoldswife

Yep, that one sure gives you dragon breath.

14. Indianapuff

Indianapuff Member

My regiment includes brushing with a peroxide baking soda toothpaste, followed by a rinse with biotene, and topped off with a mint of some sort. The blend thus far that really does that too me is GLP Blackpoint, and I don't know why. I've also heard that keeping clean shaven helps with the pipe smell on your face. Just a thought.

15. ruffinogoldswife

I found these great little mini toothbrushes made by Colgate called Wisps. They have a pick on one end and a llittle brush with a bresh freshner in the middle on the other. No water and no need to spit. It will totally clean your mouth of dragon breath and won't leave you alll dried either. Great product,very portable.

16. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

I have had good luck with biotene gum. It is about the same price as a normal pack of gum but gives the same relief as the mouth wash if I puffed to vigorously and I am not home. Though about the whisp, but I think they were about a dollar each?

To the OP. I like Boswell's sweet tea and GAF. My wife liked my breath after SG Kendal Cream. As for dragons breath anything with Lat or cigar leaf.

Sean

17. ruffinogoldswife

I think the Wisps were $2.49 for a 4 pack, but that's here in the middle of nowhere prices seem to be different elsewhere. I've tried all the Biotene stuff since I have Sjogren's Syndrome/Lupus and always have to fught the dry mouth issues. I couldn't do the gum, but any gum with xylitol works for moisture. I also found the Oasis line to taste better then Biotene for mouthwash and breath spray, but the biotene toothpaste is the best.:)

18. ATXPipe

ATXPipe Member

Everything I smoke gives me bad breath, there's no way around it. Lat bombs are definitely the worst, but burleys are a close second. I've found that eating something like some apple or crackers helps even more than just brushing my teeth & rinsing with non-alcohol mouthwash, but if I eat and I brush/rinse, my non-smoking family can't even tell that I've had a pipe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.