Drink ideas

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Tenthgate, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tenthgate

Tenthgate Member

Hi all,

I've been looking for the perfect drink to go with my smokes and would like to know what you are all drinking and with what!

I typically drink diet coke or diet pepsi with all of the virginia based things i smoke regularly (Presby, EMP, sunday picnic) and it gets the job done but the ancient in me feels like canned soda with pipe smoking is less than authentic aesthetically, if you know what i mean.

The real toughy for me is orlik golden slice. Sugarless coffee makes it taste pretty bad, sometimes ruining the bowl.

Thanks in advance,

Saf

2. Dunlibi

Dunlibi Member

Morning smoke, Illy coffee freshly ground, creamer, one sugar. (Kentucky nougat, latikia 5:1 mix)
    Lunchtime smoke, Scottish blend tea, no milk no sugar. (Kentucky nougat, latikia 5:1 mix)
    Evenings after work it's got to be red wine, sometimes red wine, but generally red wine. :)
    More specific, Italian or French reds, Chianti usually, Chateau neuf du pape if I feel rich, (payday) (Ahhh, Condor) :D.

3. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Try 'Earl Grey' tea, it has that cytrus/bergamot flavour and compliments OGS....or most VAs, for me the ideal drink with my pipe though, is - a hand-pulled pint of English real bitter beer!
    Cheers OT

ps - just an old man's biased opinion! - but Pepsi, Coke, and other such rot -gut - that takes the enamel off of your teeth are only suitable for washing my bike's motor with! (rant over!)

4. Tenthgate

Tenthgate Member

I agree, i don't know what long term effects the sugar replacement in diets will be on my system. I love tea and am thinking of getting into the whole pot of tea bit to get the real experience down.

A lot of alcoholic suggestions and unfortunately i don't drink anything due to my beliefs.

Oddly enough I've found the soy latte that starbucks (and specifically starbucks) makes to be really nice with almost all tobaccos. Alas the price point of such drinks makes them a once per week event for me.

5. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

......me too! - there are lot's of Starbucks over here now, but the price charged for a coffee!....I can get a sandwich too elsewhere! LOL. But do try some Earl Grey tea with your OGS....no milk, maybe a little sugar......it's great! IMO
    OT

6. ichabod

ichabod Member

I'm currently not drinking since my wife can't at the moment since we are expecting and I really like cream soda with things like carter hall, macbaren vanilla cream (oddly enough), basically it's a nice vanilla complement to go along with whatever...I think I just like vanilla.

I know you mentioned trying something other than soda but my grandfather got me into root beer and cream soda when young, he was also a pipe smoker and usually had some type of bottled root beer with him when he smoked.

7. Tenthgate

Tenthgate Member

Thanks Ted, I'll definitely try out that earl, maybe orange pekoe will be similar as well with my englishes and VaPers. I'm smoking so much a calorie neutral drink is pretty desirable.

I just picked up a tin of MacB's golden extra, so maybe I can try out the cream soda on that one :)

8. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

Good cup of strong coffee in the morning. I like the Earl Grey in the afternoon or anytime for that matter. Occasionally a little Tullamore Dew, Jamison's or Jack Daniels sipped in the evening. Believe it or not a nice sipping tequilla also works. WHen non-alcoholic drinks are called for (most of the time) I also like a local Turkey Hill Iced Tea. Their orange is excellant!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.