1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Dry Marble Kake???

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by coastie720, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coastie720

coastie720 Member

I received a tin of HH Marble Kake from P&C today and it seemed really dry. Is this normal? The Anniv Kake seemed a little more moist, so that is what I expected the MK to be :cfsd:.

2. WWhermit

WWhermit Member

Yep. Looks and feels like particle board? That's the way mine came too.

3. coastie720

coastie720 Member

That'd be it! Thank you :puffy:

4. blendtobac

blendtobac Member

Our tobaccos are blended to be smokeable right out of the can without the need to dry it out. We don't believe in adding water so you have to pay for anything other than tobacco. If you prefer tobacco to be a little bit more moist, you can always add a little distilled water.

Russ

5. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

FWIW, my VR Blend and Anni Kake both felt dry in cake form, but once I started breaking them up the moisture was more apparent. I thought both were perfectly smokeable as is.

6. WWhermit

WWhermit Member

Yep, my Anni Kake is the same way. I'll pull it out of the mason jar at about 3 years old, and that first pinch off the block always has me worried. Oh no, it dried out! But when I start to break it up, it always seems to be the perfect moisture level for that blend.

Marble Kake was the same way. Looks, feels dry, but when smoking it, I don't think I'd prefer it any other way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.