1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Dunhil De Luxe Navy Rolls

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by David L, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David L

David L Member

Dunhill De Luxe Navy Rolls

I just grabbed some of this from my local B&M yesterday. IMHO it's really good stuff. To me it just tastes and smells like good quality straight tobacco. No crazy stuff added or anything. I like the rolls too...kinda neat.

It's not normally the type I smoke(I've been leaning more towards English blends), but I had heard about it and thought I would try it. I'm not one of those guys that has the ability to taste all the different flavors in a tobacco, but to me this had kind of a sweet taste to it. Other than that no other flavors stood out. Also, I got one hell of a buzz off it which is weird because none of the other blends that I smoke have ever done that to me. :w00t:

Anyone else tried this? I'm sure plenty have, I just thought I would get some other views on it because I didn't see any write-ups on the forum about it.

2. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

3. Schmitz Bitz

Schmitz Bitz Member

I've got a tin due to arrive in the mail today or tomorrow - the anticipation is killing me!!!

I've never smoked coins, any suggestions as to how to make this work?

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Orlik makes it so it cant be bad right!? Sounds like something I'd like to try . Thanks for the post ... I didnt know it was even out there

5. shadow

shadow Active Member

Ahhhh..... Navy Rolls! Very nice! If I remember correctly this tobacco was introduced as a replacement for Escudo Navy Rolls which I never had the pleasure to try because they were prohibitively expensive!!!

I got my first tin of Dunhills Navy Rolls many years ago from my girlfriend. I still got the empty tins! No Government health warning on them! Yesssss!!!!!

To me it was a kind of transition-tobacco between the flavoured and unflavoured ones which in the end led me to 965 and EMP.

Handling wise I treated them like any Flake really: rub 'em down and fill as required.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

6. David L

David L Member

I just broke them up and stuffed it in. It burns really well so it's not too difficult to pack.

Ruffinogold- it's great....nice looking tin as well. Gold colored (I think) with a white label. I'm not sure where you can get it but I'm sure it's on the web somewhere at one of the popular tobacco sites. It's good stuff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.