1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Dunhill 965 ...... Must try or wait??

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by cigarmonkey21, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Since I've embraced my inner codger, I've come to really appreciate well-behaved and conservative smokes - be they tinned, bulk, or OTC's. Dunhill 965 is one of the all-time classics. There is nothing exotic about it that sends me rocketting into the stratosphere, but the superb quality of the blend just knocks my socks off. It's just a very well-done smoke, and the fact it's been around damn near since Moby Dick was a guppy is a testiment to the briliance of this blend.

SouthBound likes this.
  2. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Yep. It's a must try in my book, the baseline English.

Forum Running

3. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

I just ordered a tin of London Mixture...I was on the fence between that, and 965...I got some Squadron Leader and Sutcliff R-Blend commin too...so my next big order will most assuredly feature a tin of 965...I have very high hopes for the Dunhill tins, and I dont expect to be disappointed, judging from all the hype...

4. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I vote: Must try!:buds:

5. RTOdhner

Excellent description. If you wanted a yardstick with which to judge any "English" blend, this would be an excellent candidate.

6. DocB

DocB Active Member

If you like EMP or Nightcap, then you are sure to enjoy 965. Definitely a solid mix...

RTOdhner likes this.
  7. RTOdhner

Dunhill blends are as old school as old school gets. C&D and Pease both offer great blends, but near as I can tell they're both chasing Dunhill and trying to catch up. The more I smoke Dunhill blends, the more they impress me with their understated elegance and sophistication. Hell, they're just classy smokes, and I'm hard-pressed to see how anybody could have a bad word to say about the line as a whole. I think 965 is their flagship blend.

OK, I do have something bad to say - how could you guys at Dunhill drop your best blend, Elizabethan Mixture, from your line-up?

Mington likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.