Dunhill Is Back!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by piper965, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piper965

piper965 Member

I don't think this has been covered yet. Dunhill is on its way back to the US! My friends at the local B&M went to a trade show a couple weeks ago and came back with some brand new tins of Nightcap from the CAO rep!! Thats right, CAO will begin distributing Dunhill in the US again! Anyone excited about this?

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Yeah, word's been out for a couple months. Originally, September it was to hit our shores, now I hear Oct. or later as they 'rethink' the demand. I'm not excited so much as curious. YMMV.

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

J'll try the std. med. mix and see how it compairs to the past blends .... we'll see .

4. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

5. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

still orlik blending, its just CAO distributing. quality should be the same.

6. ryan65

ryan65 Member

yah I will beat this topic to death, the tobacco is exactly the same, we just have a new distribution company representing the US. that's it. CAO- hurry the hell up I'm getting ansy.

7. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

OK, I'll be the badboy and ask is or was there any difference(s) between Murray vs. ?Orlik Dunhillz?

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

8. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Not as excited as some...Dunhill blends were always just OK for me. I've found better (IMHO) for less elsewhere. There's a tin each of EMP and Nightcap...around 10-12 yrs old, in the cellar. May pop one some day, but I'm having too much fun with the other wonderful tobaccos in my rotation/cellar.

9. Burner

Burner Member

Two parcels today one from My Smoking Shop and one from a german dude with a danish pipe - Dunhill is in UK at least. Shame the elegance of the old tins is replaced by the idiocy of nannystate'ism.
    [attachment=1033:dunhill.jpg]

10. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Burner, at least its back for you! We're still waiting on this side of the pond :growl:

11. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

you have no idea how much laughter those generate over here. my favorite is when they decided "Cigarettes will cause you to instantly crap your lungs out your anus should you light but one, and you will DIE HORRIBLY AND PAINFULLY WITH BREATH LIKE POO" or whatever the last campaign was, now they have the droopy cigarette with "smoking makes you impotent (and all your friends will point and laugh at your shrivelled useless manhood)" on them. i mean the last part was only implied, but my boss still wants to frame it and put it up in the shop after i finish this pouch of St. Brunos.

12. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Actually, Dub, I think that St. Brunos will do that to you.

13. Burner

Burner Member

The hilarious thing about the warnings is that nobody ever bought a tin read the warning and handed it back. Anyway I'm enjoying a bowl of 965 and it is a treat.

14. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Spoken like a true latakia whore. :roflmao:

15. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Is it anything like this 8 year old 965 I have? I think the blender has changed since then...yes/no?

16. Burner

Burner Member

17. CBR

CBR Member

Are they thinking demand is higher or lower than first expected?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.