Dunhill Nightcap in storage

Discussion in 'Need Pipe Smoking Advice? Ask an Old Fart!' started by Codfish, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Codfish

Codfish Member

I've had a couple of pounds of Dunhill Nightcap that have been in storage for the past four years. I bought it when it was still available in bulk, and I hope it has weathered storage well. I'll be picking it up in a few weeks.

Can you suggest something similar that I can smoke in the meantime? As a former cigar smoker, I like a strong, full-flavored English-style blend with latakia.

I just returned to pipe smoking after a four year break.

2. Jayson H Bucy

Jayson H Bucy Member

Might try Billy Budd, it's a heavy English with cigar tobacco in it as well. I've heard nothing but good things about it. I personally like Frog Morton which is also heavy on the latakia.

3. Codfish

Codfish Member

Thanks. I ordered some Billy Budd this evening.

4. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

C&D Byzantium

5. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Jason, you are the first person I've ever heard call Frog Morton Latakia heavy.

6. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Can't find Billy Budd in Canada. I like cigars but can't afford them on a regular basis. Any other pipe tobaccos with cigar aspects to it??

7. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

McClelland has one, Dominican Glory (?), and Pease has one has well, but somebody needs to jog my memory. Anyway, there are several out there.

Edited to add Wilke's Churchill to the list.

8. Codfish

Codfish Member

Thanks!

9. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Snag a tin of current Nightcap or three til you get your stash!

Ed
    Puff

10. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

I'm not sure what's imported to Canada and what isn't but if you can score some Robert Lewis 1-2-3 Mixture, I'd recommend it. It has a very cigar-like quality to it.

11. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Pease has a couple... Robusto and Key Largo.
    I also mentioned a few in another thread to Cod: Purple Cow, Habana Daydreams, and of course, as you have already noted, P&W Churchill :bing:

12. ChrisD

ChrisD Member

Billy Bud is one of the best blends I have ever smoked, it is especially good if you like cigars. The ounce, or so, sample I had of it was just great, and burned really well, quite a cake builder too.

Another option, like Puff stated, would be to get a tin or two of the new Nightcap blended by Orlik, it is good stuff indeed.

McClelland P.M. Pipe is a good bulk option, very good Nightcap clone, and pretty cheap to boot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.