Dunhill Nightcap

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by David L, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David L

David L Member

So I had some Nightcap this evening and was very pleased. I didn't need to dry it out at all and just loaded up my Sav Roma 611EX with about 3 pinches. It took about 2-3 lights to get it rolling and that was all it took. It burned very nice to the end with ease. At the beginning I tasted a nice coffee flavor and towards the end it had a more peppery taste. If you've had Chelsea Morning this is similar, but not as strong of a pepper taste. I'm by no means a connoisseur and can't pick out the different types of tobacco, but all in all I would definitely recommend this smooth blend. Very good way to end the day :bing: Cheers!

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I haven't had it in a few years. I preferred it to 965, but I have a bunch of 965 bulk and not much money, so I'm set on latakia blends..............for now :groucho:

3. Tairusu

Tairusu Member

I tried Nightcap a few years back when I first took up the pipe and found it a bit too strong for me. I might have to try it out again now that I enjoy latakia much more.

4. SittinNMyChairSmokin

SittinNMyChairSmokin Member

Nightcap sure does seem to be a popular with the English loving guys; i personally prefer to keep my dinner down and end the day with something much lighter!

5. nobler son

nobler son Member

To me, Nightcap tastes very similar to Frog Morton on the Town. And since Frog is usually more available, I tend to prefer it.

6. David L

David L Member

I don't taste anything similar to FMOTT in Nightcap. :hmm: I'd say you have a better ability to taste the different flavors than me though :sf1: That's funny how different tobaccos taste to different people.

Frog is readily available and cheaper almost everywhere I'd say......Cheers!

7. Beale

Beale Active Member

I plan on buying Frog Morton soon. I will look at this one. I can get it local, Beale.

8. ichabod

ichabod Member

I just ordered some, among other tins, am anxious to try it and see what all the talk is about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.