1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Dunhill Photos

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by jhe888, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhe888

jhe888 Member

This was an eBay find. As you see, it is a 64FT from 1967 and is a group 1. It is very small indeed, but smokes like a dream. When I got it, I found the tenon had been broken and the stem was glued to the shank, but Night Owl Pipe Works did a fine job of installing a new tenon on the old stem. Even after the repair, I got a nice older Dunhill for a low price, and even got the original box and a broken aluminum insert. It has a little ring grain moving diagonally across the bowl.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

telltime likes this.
  2. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

That's a good looking pipe. Hope you like it.

3. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Very nice!

4. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

That's a wonderful looking pipe! Nice pipe!

5. telltime

telltime Active Member

I'm jealous (in a good way in that I'm happy for you that you got such a great pipe). But now you've given me another case of PAD!! Several years ago, I inhereted eight dunhill pipes from my grandfather... All my DH's are group size 3 (and one that's size 4). Between you showing this one and seeing a couple of Puff's size 2's, I now want more...

That there is a nice pipe. Thanks for sharing the photo and I really am glad for you that it's a good smoker!:toast:

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I got one pipe ripped off from me in my life .... same pipe you got there . I hope yours smokes as good as mine did ... it was a perfect smoking pipe ! I was hopeing that whomever took it would bring it back through guilt .... that didnt happen .

7. telltime

telltime Active Member

I think he sold it on eBay (after he dropped it, broke the tenon, and then tried to glue it back together)...:poke:;):msty:

8. Beale

Beale Active Member

Congrats on the Sweet new pipe! Nice score! Beale.

9. shadow

shadow Active Member

What a lovely pipe! And the repair is... where exactly????:msty: They've done a great job:appl:

10. jhe888

jhe888 Member

The tenon was broken off, pretty flush with the shoulder of the stem. This shows how the stem was drilled out and a new tenon was inserted. You can see the shinier material of the new tenon inserted into the stem. The fit is damn near perfect, and the stem fits to the shank as close to perfectly as I think is possible. I was impressed by the repair.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.