1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Dunhill Ruby Bark - Best Deal in Dunhill-Land?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Mount Mandolin, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Maybe not the pipe, but many insurance plans will pay for stem repair medication.:D -David

dmkerr likes this.
  2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

The only speculation that couldn't be disproven is that they may have used briar that hadn't had its sap dried out. It was a wet smoker. But it's long gone. I sold it to Barry Levin when he was still alive which may tell you how long ago it was. I've had Charatans before and since and never another problem. So it goes.

3. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

My insurance company cares not a whit about my stem, nor its state of repair.

Lestrade and dwaugh like this.
  4. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Great post DMK!

5. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

I bought my first Dunhill a few weeks back (1977 319 Canadian) $265. It hurt abit financially, as I've only been smoking for 6 months or so, having to justify it. But there's nothing like quality and although some might think the Dunhill mystique is overated, I find the tradition and the history of the company very interesting. They were one of the first pipe makers to offer a warranty back in the teens! That's what started their unique albeit confusing dating system. Well it didn't take long to get over what I spent because #2 is on the way (a 1969 Dublin in excellent condition)..:bing:

6. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

MM, while I know that ebay is hit and miss, if you're looking to spend 300+ on a Dunhill, I would look there and everywhere else for pre '62 pipes. Lots of people know lots more about Dunhill than I, but sometime around there they quit using their oil curing process.

7. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.