1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Dunhill, the 1st number isn't always the size number.

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by WrightwoodJohn, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

This is my 1969 Dunhill 142 Dublin (ain't she sweet). Anyway I'm posting this because alot of folks think the 1st number in the shape number is always the size number, but this is not always the case depending on year of production. With this pipe, it is stamped 142 and on the other end is a circled 4 indicating style 142, group 4. Alot of you probably already know this but I thought I would point it out for those who don't. I'm also hoping to get some beard scratching Dunhill Theologians to chime in! (sorry the nomemclature pic isn't clearer)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Did not know that, but do now!

3. WrightwoodJohn

I like history and with these pipes the dating/numbering system can be a bit confusing (although interesting).. Anyway awaiting Theologian's response... Old Ted, you out there?

4. upinsmoke

upinsmoke Member

You can still find the old Dunhill numbering chart online. Does anyone know what year they switched to the current numbering system?

5. WrightwoodJohn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.