1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Early impressions of Latakia

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ChrisB, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisB

ChrisB Active Member

Mar 27, 2013
    I'm a bit concerned as a newbie, since I seem to be preferring the lat tobaccos I'm having over the non-lat blends. As a wine geek, I fear I might be falling for an "oaky" dimension in the blends that might deprive me of certain subtleties. But, MAN, that lat note in the ones I've tried is like catnip to me. Am I in danger of missing something in VaPers, for example?
    Mington, YAPPG and Nboggs70 like this.
  2. Buckshot

Buckshot Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Enjoy it while you're in "the zone". There's a good chance that your tastes will change over time. You might come to prefer VaPers later on.

Smoke what you like. You can always change it up when you're ready.
  3. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Jan 31, 2012
    I fell in love with lat blends pretty quick, but I eventually found my way to VA's and VAPers. Relax, man, you got nothing but time.
    Mington, YAPPG and WalkinStick like this.
  4. gahdzila

gahdzila Member

Aug 16, 2012
    If you're enjoying your journey, you're doing it right :th1:

What are your favorites so far?

Be sure and put Dunhill Nightcap and C&D Pirate Kake on your wish list. Both are must-try blends for latakia lovers.
    YAPPG, Rodfather and WalkinStick like this.
  5. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Feb 11, 2013
    What he said. Pirate Kake blew my mind the first time I smoked it. Just breaking the Kake up in your hands you can tell it's awesome smoke.
    YAPPG likes this.
  6. Nboggs70

Nboggs70 Member

Feb 17, 2013
    I am with you on this. Pirate Kake is great. But you should try some Exotique from Smokers Haven as well.
    YAPPG likes this.
  7. craig

craig Active Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Chris if your liking lats at the momwnt dont worry your tastes will change
    I smoke aros almost exclusively for a couple of months and i just fancied trying something else
    Got a vaper and that was it.

Your tastes will go through a whole range of different things as time progresses
    boiseTim and YAPPG like this.
  8. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I'd say just let your tastes take you where ever they take you, the journey is important, not the destination.

I'm a big fan of Lats so I know where you're coming from. What I like to do though is keep my Lats to morning and early afternoon and have an aromatic or a VaP for the late afternoon and evening. May be worth trying yourself but ultimately it's about how you get pleasure out of your tobacco.
    YAPPG, Rodfather and Wicker Man like this.
  9. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Mar 7, 2013
    What everybody else said. I'm one of those Lat smokers and I love the blends. I also go to va flakes, an aro here and there. Explore all, that's what makes this hobby fun and never boring.
    Nboggs70, boiseTim and Brit abroad like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.