1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

ebay and the alco

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by craig, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craig

craig Active Member

So after being given alco bowls i was immeadiately onto ebay for a stem, and i found straight away that ended tonight.
    So i kept my eye on it and watched it slowly rise in price.
    This evening the bidding war started and for fifteenminutes i was the highest bidder and i got out bid seconds before the auction ended, it was a massive kick in the teeth.
    But i like organisation and just incase i rang round some tobacconists scattered about in England yesterday afternoon and i have sourced one that does brand new alco pipes.
    Brilliant yes but part of me was kind of looking foreward to restoring a pipe and bringing it back to new, they are more alcos on the bay but im choosing just not too wait :D.

Order is going in tomorow, pics of the new pipe and seven bowls to follow.

Labman likes this.
  2. Labman

Labman Member

Nice! I can't wait until my metal pipes get here. :)

3. craig

craig Active Member

what ones you got on order Labman

4. gunslinger84

gunslinger84 Member

Craig, you can always bid on more Alco's while waiting.

I think I have turned into a true metal head. Bought two falcons, traded for a third, bought a comet, and bought two Gillette super speed razors, two colgate shaving stick tins, and brass tubing... All this in just under a month. I like shiny stuff! :D

Gunslinger,

craig likes this.
  5. Labman

Labman Member

I have a Yello-Bole Aristocrat and a Turbo Flo on the way. I'm hoping they get here this week...I'm so excited! :D

craig likes this.
  6. Imrandy

Imrandy Member

Craig i have no patience so i feel you on the cant wait part pics once you get it

7. Beefcube

Beefcube Member

NO WAY.......... Somebody sniped you on ebay.... never heard of that before ! ! ! !

8. craig

craig Active Member

well i ordered one today brand new and chucked some tad in there as well, so i should have that in a couple of days.

9. craig

craig Active Member

neither do i i have no patience as well im notorious for it.

10. Longshanks

Longshanks He who shall; so shall he... wait, who?

I want to offer the utmost apologies if I sniped anyone today. I didn't snipe the aforementioned alco, but I did snipe this lot of 30 pipes...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Don't know about you, but I saw one or two in here that I really liked. Needless to say, the workbench is about to get veeeerrrryyyy crowded. :bing:

11. craig

craig Active Member

i dont hold any hard feelings to the person who sniped me, after all they must be a good pipe if there was a bidding war.

Labman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.