1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

eBay find!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Twan013, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twan013

Twan013 Member

Hey guys, just giving a heads up on schmeeBay. There's a box of 36 mini cobs for only 13 bucks. Someone on here mentioned cheap little "testers" that you could buy at the tobacco shop, and these sound perfect for that.
    eBay

Heck, even if you own a tobacco shop, you could sell these for 50 cents each and make a profit!

Anyway, just thought I would toss this one out there, maybe one of you guys could put them to good use

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Check the manufacturer. If it's not MM, I wouldn't waste my time/money. Unless it's a vintage one like H&B or a few others. I strongly recommend NOT buying the "Pacific Rim" pipes from Asia or thereabouts. I made my mistake and regretted it but now, I know for sure. Don't waste your time/money. The pipe literally imploded under the pressure of my hand. I can only imagine how it would have done with a bowl full of embers! Not pretty. Upon further inspection, the entire cob was riddled with worm holes and the holes had worm poop (sawdust) throughout. Looking at the outside (and inside) it looked good, nice and light, noticably extremely light in comparison to a MM of the same size. I'm glad I didn't smoke it.

If they're mini-MM's GET 'EM! That's a real good deal on a box o'cobs for the sole purpose of taste testing or just throwing in your car/tacklebox as a "just in case" bowl. Never know.........

:thumbsu:
    Ed Puff!

3. Puff The Magic

Yep, I just checked the link (didn't notice it before). Do Not Waste Your Time/Money on these. They are TRASH! They say "Original" making you think they are MM's, they aren't. Don't say I didn't warn ya........ :thumbsu:

:stuff:
    Ed Puff!

4. Twan013

Twan013 Member

Thanks for the info. I figured all cobs would be about the same.

but still, you don't think they'd be good for one or two smokes? Granted I'M not buying them. I was just thinking if someone had a shop, or know a lot of people wanting to experiment with different tobac's, it might be useful..

5. Puff The Magic

Well this is gonna sound "Corny" :velho: but "NOT ALL COBS ARE CREATED EQUAL" :velho:

One of the 3 that "exploded" rather violently under a firm squeeze with one hand would've been a total disaster if I'd have had it filled and embers going. Don't need embers of burning toby all over my lap or anywhere else other than inside of the bowl. The other 2 were just very poorly constructed and would require some re-drilling and too much work for a 3-4 dollah cob! I pitched 'em. I guess they'd have been a good Snowman or Jack O'lantern "prop" but naaaah. I was so P.O.'d at myself for buying that crap. Now I know. Save your money. This is gonna sound even "Cornier", here goes "Spend your money on a good cob, not just any cob will do" ( a little Pink Floyd thrown in there......) :thumbsu:

:velho:
    Ed Puff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.