1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

ebay pipe just arrived!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ryan65, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryan65

ryan65 Member

I love getting packages in the mail lol got this puppy for about 10 bucks I was told its from the 50's but looks like its in great shape, "Devon shire" is the only mark I see on it and I plan on breaking it in with some Virginian baccy :eek:hyeah:

a quick pic I took :

[​IMG]

2. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Is it me or is the bowl's diamater at least an inch?

3. CarlBC

CarlBC Member

That's a big-mouthed pot! Congratulations!

:eek:hyeah:
    -- Carl

4. ryan65

ryan65 Member

yah I love the shape, it's actually a small pipe and light weight, but the bowl is huge lol the inner bowl is exactly an inch in diameter

5. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

Very cool. It's called a "BFP" where I grew up.

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

BFP " lol .... the pic has some glare thats tricking my eyes I think .. does it have a diamond shank or round ? Either way its a very nice looking pipe ... Enjoy !

7. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

What a nice Pot, enjoy!

8. ryan65

ryan65 Member

yah its round

9. Marine Dad

Marine Dad Member

Nice pot :D

Enjoy !

10. The German Shepherd

The German Shepherd Member

Great looking piece!  Very nice.

Jay

11. ryan65

ryan65 Member

well I just finished my first bowl, I decided to smoke Highland Targe instead and let me tell you it was incredible! I couldn't believe how well it smoked for not being broken in, I was expecting major heating and having to put it down several times but this thing smoked cool and all the way down to the bottom until I was left with a fine powder ash. all of my newly bought pipes smoked hot and moist until I could build sufficient cake to mellow it out, this pipe smoked better than my 200$ Mastro! I'm really starting to believe the 40+ year old estates simply smoke better because older briar was more readily available back then, maybe I'm wrong but other estates I've bought in the past seem to break in much easier than my new ones. The only complaint I have is the bit has 2 small holes instead of one large hole, so I can't run a pipe cleaner through it without taking it apart. Me happy! :D

12. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

.....and it's a twin bore to boot.......wow!

13. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

if you hadn't said twinbore i'd bet it was a comoy, most of the pipes with random english town names were comoy seconds. only english that i know makes twinnies is orlik, though there may be others. still, nice looker! hope it smokes as good as it looks.

14. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Yep....or a BMF! :cheers:

15. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Highland Targe? According to Tobaccoreviews.com, it looks like I'm too late to suggest that beauty would be ideal for VAs. That's a gorgeous a pipe, ryan and it looks worth the $50 and more!

Bri2k

16. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

A nice find and well done; have had this shape in my youth and it smokes well. Congratulations!

Well done

Gerry

17. ryan65

ryan65 Member

well today I was about to fire this pipe up for a second time and realized the draw was completely plugged. I took the stem off and found the stem to be the problem, not the packing. I ran a pipe cleaner through the open end and tried to draw from the stem but no luck. I decided to try using the poker tool to go into the small holes and when I started on the first hole guess what happened? the whole corner snapped off! the poker was a little to big and cracked the stem... the one thing I didn't like about this pipe ended up biting me in the ass. This pipe smokes like a dream too.... :)

18. woody

woody Admin Admin

Dam, sorry to hear that. If it's not too bad file and sand the rough edges down and you can still smoke it. Other than that the only thing I can suggest is getting another stem fitted.

19. ryan65

ryan65 Member

yah a huge piece broke off so I'm gonna have to get a new stem. Briar works is back ordered for like 2 months I think so I'm going try norwoods. Well, I should be getting my other ebay pipe in the mail this week so that should cheer me up and I will post it on this thread when it arrives :)

20. woody

woody Admin Admin

Were you going to send the pipe to BW or just get a stem and try to fit it your self?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.