Educating my taste buds.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Ol Brokedik, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

I've envied pipe smokers who've talked about interplay, nuance and subtleties. Without really knowing what they meant, I've secretly wished these things would happen for me.

Back on April 17th I wrote about the new salty taste in my English and Orientals. Oddly enough this salty taste had replaced the sweet taste I"d been enjoying. Knowing this might not be permanent, I allowed some time for any taste buds that may have temporarily run amok to "reset". I waited two weeks then loaded a big bowl meerschaum with my favorite English. I'm pleased to report the newly aquired tastes of sweet, salty and campfire all come in the same bowl.

I've been rewarded for my dedication to pipe smoking. I offer this experience as encouragement to our newer pipe smokers. A greater appreciation for your smokes will come. You may need more time to educate your taste buds.

Be well.
    Ol Brokedik.

2. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Glad you got it back, Randall.

3. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

I often take a few days away from my pipes...just helps me clear the palate. It seems that after a while, everything starts to run together. Break for a week and all is well again. Not for everyone, but it works for me........

Rewster66 likes this.
  4. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

I know what your saying. I just don't like being away from my pipes for even one day. When I feel the need to cleanse my palate, I reach for SG's Commonwealth or C&D's Pirate Kake. A few bowls of these and I'm pleasantly brought back to all senses.

Be well.
    Ol Brokedik.

5. Marc

Marc Active Member

Sometimes you need to cleanse your palate like a cigar smoker, a piece of bitter sweet or dark chocolate, some dry roasted peanuts or a saltine cracker or two, will help between smokes.

Beale likes this.
  6. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I know what you are saying OBD and remember going through the same as a new smoker with blends for the more experienced smoker in mind. Many blends or types I didn't care for I now really enjoy.

7. Beale

Beale Active Member

I have not tried this? Will have to and see how it works, thanks, Beale.

8. Dunlibi

Dunlibi Member

What's tastebuds??????

9. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

Cant go wrong with chocolate!!

10. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Ditto!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.