1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Edwards

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by doug6776, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doug6776

doug6776 Member

Has anyone ever ordered tobacco from Edwards online? They offer free shipping, but you have to buy at least 7 oz at a time. Just wondered if anyone likes any of there stuff.

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Can't say as I ever tried it.....

3. Brian

Brian Member

There is an Edwards shop in Atlanta. I've been to that place a few times and tried a few of their house tobaccos.

The website is confusing to me. I did not recognize any of the names, but then I opened up tobaccoreviews.com for a list with descriptions to compare. I think they changed the names, but some of the blends on the website are the same.

Captain Burley online = "Bishop Burley" in the shop I went to (for example). So I would recommend reading the reviews, but you will have to look at the description of the tobacco and make your best guess.

I don't know if I would buy 7 ounces without trying it first. In the shop, you could buy 2 oz sample pouches. To me, it's a big amount to risk, but I guess it isn't to others. I think their tobacco is good quality, but they have a style of their own ... not sure how to describe it. I think some people will like their tobacco, and others will just think it is so-so.

I have tried (tobacco reviews names / store names):

"Honey Bucc"
    This is a mild aromatic blend of burley and cavendish. I thought it was really nice, and had good flavor too. It had a slightly sweet honey scent/taste that was nice, and kind left a baked cookies sort of room note. I'll buy some more next time I am in Atlanta and can swing by the shop.

"Scottish Moor"
    It's a mish mash of different tobaccos, nice and mild, with a decent tobacco taste, no real dominant aromatic topping that I remember. I liked it. Can't say it was amazing, but it was a good smoke.

"Peach Blossom"
    Wow ... strong aromatic. It smelled like peach pie and flowers. It smelled good, and was very natural and not chemical, but it was a little too much after a while. Like a perfume.

"Supreme"
    An regular english/balkan style blend. It was OK. I think there are better out there. I'd recommend sampling it before investing in a 7oz bag.

4. doug6776

doug6776 Member

Thank you for the reply Brian. I don't think the Edwards I'm talking about is the same place. EdwardsTobacco.com, online pipe and tobacco store, is in the Dallas Ft. Worth area, and they don't mention any other stores on their website. They offer free shipping on any order, but like you said, I'm not buying 7ounces without trying it first. Thanks again.

5. Boctok

Boctok Member

I'm familiar with Edwards Tobacco. The company franchises with tobacco shops all over. I've never ordered from their online store so I can't say anything about that. I have smoked lots of thier Mark II, Scottish Moor, Colonial, Buccaneer, Honey Cavendish and Good Companion. They have recently raised their prices so I am seeking other brands. I'll do my best to answer any questions you have.

6. erickghint

erickghint Member

I'm not a huge fan of their blends. I'm not sure if it's the same place, though. We have an Edward's here in Jacksonville( http://www.edwardsofsanmarco.com/default.aspx ) that I've been to several times. I think the last thing I tried was Buccaneer, and I couldn't stand it. Maybe it's a small chain, as there are several in FL and GA, and some scattered across the country. The odd thing is that the Edward's that you've linked to has different names for its bulks, so I'm not sure if it's the same Edward's as everywhere else. Although, they do mention Scottish Moor in one of their blend descriptions, maybe they just renamed theirs for some reason. Either way, like with any tobacco, some love em, and some hate em. I'm kinda in between. I wouldn't go out of my way to get a hold of their stuff, but I wouldn't turn it down if it were free.

7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I lived near one for years in tampa . Their tobacco is good quality though there seems to be an ingredient that is common in many of their blends that I've never cared for . I'm not sure what it is or how to describe it .... guess you'll have to try some for yourself . With so many blends and makers out there , if ya skipped it , you wouldnt miss out . My 2 cents . Hell , P.S. and M.B. could keep you busy for a good while . AS far as their web site I wouldnt know

8. Boctok

Boctok Member

For people who like the plain old unflavored smoke, Colonial is a good bet. So austere and down to earth, I think even a mormon would give even give it one chance. (No offense to mormons)

9. Boctok

Boctok Member

I've gotta say something more about Edwards but I won't be adamant because I have a lot to learn before I can do that. They offer high quality tobacco with thoughtful and well balance blends to suit pipe smokers who desire quality and value. Not overly fancy or stylish, but this brand is nothing to be ignored by men who love tobacco. Great prices and consistant product with considerable artistry. Try Edwards Supreme, it's excellent!

Disclosure: I am not affiliated with Edwards or any of its subsidiaries.

10. Brian

Brian Member

I've heard other people say this, and I agree. That is my impression too. I can't put my finger on it either, but there's something about them ... something that makes them all seem like the same.

I wouldn't say I disliked it (or really liked it either), but I immediately knew that it was would only appeal to some over the long haul.

I'll probably buy some more from them if I am every near a shop, but I am not going out of my way to get more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.