EMP vs Good Morning

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by soundlzrd, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

EMP was a tobacco I was glad they brought back. When starting pipe smoking I read the reviews everywhere but was limited to knock off blends. While I enjoyed good morning, I never felt it was balanced. Once EMP came out a year ago, I switched to it and let the jar of Good Morning sit.

My EMP supply is getting low, but I like the bulk price of Good Morning better. So, before buying more tins of EMP, I thought I should revisit Good Morning. I am sad to say it is stil not as good as EMP. The flavors are all there, but the blanace is off.

Anyone else find this to be the case? I have a sample of H&H Daybreak coming, maybe that will fit the bill.

Sean

2. Capt

Capt Active Member

I agree, GM is not even close! I bought 2 pounds of EMP right before it was discontinued. I am still smoking what remains, and enjoying every bowl of it. IMHO, GM is not a very good tobacco, let alone a good rendition of EMP.

3. johnhwatson

johnhwatson Member

Erinmore balkan mixture is similar to the original EMP

4. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

I fear that is not available state side.

I enjoy the current EMP, just wish it were available in bulk so I could save some money.

5. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

I've only smoked a couple tins of EMP and one tin of GM so far and probably couldn't tell them apart if I didn't know which was which. EMP might be a little sweeter...?? I like them both.

Who carries Good Morning in bulk?

I like DayBreak a lot. It's one of my favorites from H&H.

DoverPipes likes this.
  6. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

I am not sure who carries good morning in bulk, but I believe C&D would sell it direct.

7. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

If I could buy EMP and Nightcap in bulk I'd be one happy guy. I've tried several bulk "copies" and they just don't cut it.

Mark w4mms and Capt like this.
  8. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Duh,,,, I forgot that you can buy directly from C&D :doh:

9. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Just finishing my first bowl of H&H Daybreak. We may have found a winner. Need to put it in a jar and see what a few months does. Usually does wonders for h&h bulk.

10. user1975

user1975 Active Member

I've smoked EMP, and it's very good, but nave never had GM, so I can't compare them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.