1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

English Blends #2

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Gradog, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gradog

Gradog Member

I,am just getting back to pipe smoking. It is so relaxing. I like the English blends and I do know there are some great ones out there. I also know they vary greatly in strength and taste. After reading the thread on favorite English blends I realized there was no way to know if the tobaccos are too mild or strong. If we can get basically the same thing going with a number for the strength of the blend 1 being mild 4 being strong it would help.

2. Marc

Marc Active Member

I do not really rate tobaccos by numbers, but I would recommend McClelland's British Woods or their bulk blend #5110 which is similar in taste and flavor profile. I would consider them a medium English blend.

3. kirbyb

kirbyb Member

three from Pipes and Cigars are my current favs; all three are on the lighter side. Check out Larry's Blend, Admiralty, and their EMP knock off of Dunhill EMP. Have fun!!

4. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

If you've ever tried "Frog Morton on the town" McC's 5110 tastes almost exactly the same....to me anyway.

5. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

+1 on British Woods
    Maltese Falcon and Old Dublin (Pease and Peterson respectively) are also good middle of the road English.

For hardly any nicotine, the Frog Morton series is tasty and mild. If you want more strength, some of the Gawith and G+H tobaccos are stronger (Balkan Flake etc), some of the rattray's are pretty punchy (accountant's mix)

Park lane makes a fairly strong Nightcap clone.... PL 10.12 or something.... haveta look it up.

6. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

go to www.tobaccoreviews.com

they rate blends and strength is one of the categories

oh yeah, welcome to PSF

Andrew

7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Peter stokk English Oriental Supreme . Super cool ... med in strength .. lotta smooth flavor ... damn good ! :devil: ...... IRC royal is good as well and Dunhill std. mixture med is killer if you can get it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.