1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

English Blends in the Hookah?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Taco, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taco

Taco Member

I've got the Hookah going this evening. haven't brought it out in awhile and thought it would be nice on this very cold night. I have several boxes of shisha tobaccos, all of them "aromatic" -- flavored with the usual array of fruits etc..

It got me to thinking, what would happen if I made my own latakia shisha blend. Maybe take some HH vintage Syrian, moisten with a little something and load up the hookah.

I love these types of thoughts because the mind meets them with such immediate distaste, that you know it is worth considering for a little longer -- just to see if there is a fun opportunity to try something new.

So.. anyone ever smoke an english blend in a water pipe?

Raffxr7 likes this.
  2. Nuck81

Nuck81 Member

Isn't the tobacco itself prepared different for Shisha?

I know that all the kinds I have the leaf almost has a transparent quality to it.

Shisha is some tasty stuff, it's the only thing my fiance will smoke.

3. Taco

Taco Member

It sure is; it would require some work on my part to transform the pipe tobacco-- but anything worth doing takes some work!
    My biggest concern is ghosting the hookah. I think I am going to try this first with a Virginia blend to test the process and if I have success, I'll move to the lat blends.

Raffxr7 likes this.
  4. BigB

BigB Member

I've seen some unflavored/traditional or "plain" tobacco shisha's around before. Most are described at being cigar like or tasting like a pipe to some degree. Might give you the flavor you're after. maybe one could add some Latakia to it and then let it sit for a week or so to marry the flavors.

5. BigB

BigB Member

Taco likes this.
  6. Taco

Taco Member

7. BigB

BigB Member

Sure thing. If you try it post back and let us know how it goes. I've got a hookah here too and I get a little bored with it.

8. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

I made a pipe based hookah when I got creative this summer. It worked, but it burned really hot and was not friendly to the cob I used. I cut a bowl from walnut with 1/4" walls to see how that would work, but never got back to it. If your VA Shisha works, I'd love to hear about it. My hookah got used three times... it collects dust now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.