1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Entry Level Briar

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by mrpipster, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrpipster

mrpipster Member

So I have about $70 to spend on a new pipe.
    I dont own any briar pipes yet and am not sure who makes the best pipes in that price range.
    Anyone got some advise for me?

2. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

3. YOJiMBO20

YOJiMBO20 Member

I would check out Savinelli's Duca Carlo line. They run about $40 from SmokingPipes and smoke much better than a $40 pipe should.
    That leaves you with about $30 to spend on tobacco.

4. Ozark Nick

Ozark Nick Member

I highly second the Dr. Grabow recommendation. Just got my second one last week, it's a Royalton like the one Cobbsmoker linked to and I like it very much! :puffy:

Albatross and cobbsmoker like this.
  5. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

What Cobsmoker said---great recommendations.

6. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Savenelli and Peterson both have pipes in that 70 - 80 dollar range. Both are great smokers too. I think both are better than the modern Dr. Grabow brand. For a few dollars more you could look at Brebbia as well. Brebbia pipes are a very good pipe for the money. There are some Brebbia pipes in the 85 dollar range. They smoke like a 140 dollar pipe though. Smokingpipes.com has all 3 brands as well as others.
    Happy Hunting & Good Luck,
    Paul

7. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

8. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Peterson and Savinelli are both good bets for a new pipe in your budget, and the most common responses to this type of question. They are well-made, well-recognized pipes, and offer nearly any shape pipe you might want for your price. For what it's worth, I also like Stanwell pipes in that price range.

If you care less about instant name recognition and having the same pipe everyone else has, and more about value and individual craftsmanship, I strongly second Invicta Briar's. One person makes them from beginning to end. Do a search on Invicta Briar's here at PSF for pics and reviews. Also check their website. If you do not see what you want, email Peter directly and ask for what you want. He'll gladly make it for you, and at least in my case, didn't charge me anything extra for it.

9. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

10. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

Buy a name brand like some mentioned above. Also Nording. Avoid the temptation to buy a basket pipe.

Spillproof likes this.
  11. mrpipster

mrpipster Member

Thanks for all the help folks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.