1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Erik Nordings Hunter blend 'Retriever'

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by MikeInMaine, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Well-Known Member

I stopped at my overpriced local cigar shop just because I was passing by and picked up a tin of this. It says it is made by McClelland exclusively for Arango Cigar co.
    Has anyone tried this? Its a virginia cavendish blend.
    I probably wont open it for a while.

2. KevinP

KevinP Member

I haven't.

I did try another in this line. Nording's Hunter: Fox Hound. It was okay at best. Latakia but too much cavandish. I finished the tin but knew immediately I'd never get any more of it. If you like Frog blends, you might like it, but I don't really. Not that this helps you with your blend.

EDIT: I know the tin description doesn't include cavendish, but it was sweet and sticky to the touch.

3. MikeInMaine

It does say cavendish on the tin. And virginia but doesn't mention latakia. I do like Frogs though so maybe I will dig this.

4. Marker

Marker Active Member

Mike,

If you don't dig it I might. Love the Frog blends. Cav + Virginia etc is in my wheelhouse. If you don't like it let me know. How much was it?

5. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Guys, Kevin was talking about his experience with the "Fox Hound" blend, not "Retriever"

6. MikeInMaine

$14.99 for 1.75 oz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.