Erinmore Flake

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by TedVig, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

This is hands down my new favorite. I popped a tin last night and have been smoking it ever since. I have to oreder more right away. I noticed online that they've changed the tin shape. My tin is one of the older design rectangular tin. Does anyone know if there have been any changes to it more recently aside from the flat tin design?

2. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

There is a round-shaped 100 gram tin, but I believe that is a ready rubbed version. I love the flake form! It's just a really pleasant, easy-going flake with a nice enough room note.

Ted Vig likes this.
  3. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

from what I understand the mixture is much more heavily cased. I may try it at some point but I LOVE the flake.

4. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

The additional casing would concern me. I think they hit one out of the park with the flake form, but if they went heavier on the casing I don't think I'd like it. It has just enough casing to let you kow it's there, but without ruining the flavor of the tobacco itself. I've heard Erinmore Flake referred to as the "Juicy Fruit of pipe tobacco." I think that is an apt description. Some people have taken issue with that description, but I love Juicy Fruit and I can see where the comparison is coming from. It's just a very pleasant and refreshing pipe tobacco. Uncomplicated, and it requires no focus on nuance or any such thing to enjoy. Inexspensive and realitively easy to find, to boot. I could see it as a strong contender for a desert island smoke.

5. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

AGREED!

Motard likes this.
  6. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Maybe I should pop open the jar of this I have at home. I tried it very early on, but then jarred it up, but I've been thinking about trying it again. Of course, the same could be said for a lot of the tobaccos I've got in my collection :D

7. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

well, you could always send some of them over here - for expert appraisal and grading.
    OT

8. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

Erinmore is one of the first few flakes I got to try.. I killed that 50g tin of flake in less then two weeks.. Love IT!

Ted Vig likes this.
  9. user2725

user2725 Active Member

I have tried both and prefer the flake.

Darkly likes this.
  10. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

.....you can make 50grams last two weeks?:eek:

11. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

I had my first Erinmore a few weeks ago, I received it through a trade...I loved the stuff.

12. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

EF=:thu:
    EM=:thdn:

EF Rules!

RTOdhner and BigJ like this.
  13. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

Yeah... I was also almost eating a new tin of Peterson's UF.. I got the the two at the same time.. lol
    The UF lasted a few days longer then the Erinmore Flake.. but was still excellent.

Mington likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.