Escudo escapment!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by WillH, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillH

WillH Active Member

Etal,

Don't know why but I just had to open a tin of my Winter/2008 Escudo this morning. Feeling sorry for myself I guess.

Oh my! This is hard to explain so I won't even try. All I can say is, "A couple years of cool storage does wonderful things to Escudo". Not that fresh Escudo isn't nice, IMO. Put a couple years on a tin and it's a whole new breed! Smooth as silk, magnificent to the last puff! :thumbsu:

If you haven't aged some Escudo ya need to treat yourself just once before the Grim Reaper pulls your number! I've had very few tobaccos that age as well and change as dramatically as Escudo.

Like a dumb ass I only bought 10 tins back in 2008! What the hell was I thinking? :dunno:

Will

2. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

You are so right Will, it becomes Mana from heaven. I always add tins of Escudo to my TADS just so I know inthe future I will have plenty of aged on hand. Wonderful stuff!

3. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Great now I want to stock up on some and smokingpipes.com is out of it :(

4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

If you don't mind the wait, Lil Brown Smoke Shack has it and at the best price I've found/tin. They usually take a while for the shipment to get across the US.

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

5. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Been working on an aged tin from the cellar for about a week now. Can't believe I still have a few coins left. Wonderful weed.........

6. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Awesome! I've had some in the cellar since January and just got a few more tins in yesterday's package from P&C. A really outstanding blend!!!

7. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

I've got a year old tin in the cellar...Do not tempt me yet! Now, in three years....

8. WillH

WillH Active Member

I've got some (3 lousy tins) three year old Escudo too! I bought five tins that were two years old last year and have smoked two. It's wonderful stuff!

Will

9. scworrell

scworrell Member

GREAT... something else for my TAD order... my wife's gonna be pissed :whistle:

10. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

I try to keep a few years ahead on Escudo; from the day it's tinned it never seems to get worse. If you study the back label careful you will find a packing date code, by the way. Tiny little numbers... year first...

[​IMG]

11. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Don't tell my wife, but your my new best friend!

12. scworrell

scworrell Member

:yikes: That for sale Moo?

13. WillH

WillH Active Member

Gawd! You guys put me to shame! This my cellar for aging, it's all from 1-3 years old. I generally date the tobacco as I put it away. The rest is bulk and tins in my office that I'm smoking this year. Next Spring I move some of the older tins into the office and replace them with new tobacco for another three years in the cellar!

I don't age for long any more..... matter-of-fact and don't even buy green bannans. I plan to enjoy it, not leave it for some other damn fool to sell on ebay!

Will

14. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

Will, I only have 8 tins and three jars in my rotation. You are still Lord Stocked-up-many compared to the likes of me.

15. WillH

WillH Active Member

Thanks, I least I'm not the only one! :eek:hyeah: I've got more tobacco stored now than any time in my life! For years I was a tin at a time smoker. The only time I had anything ahead was after Xmas, cuz the wife would buy me at little tobacco as a gift.

Picture is of the office stash! I've got crap in back I haven't seen in years! Probably so dry by now it's worthless...

Will

16. ChrisD

ChrisD Member

Wow, those are some impressive cellars !

17. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Hey , nice basket :eek:hyeah:

18. Burner

Burner Member

Moo If you want to do a deal for one of those old style Dunhill tins Empty or full do let me know. Just want one to put my Dunhill baccy in cause they're so nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.