Esoterica and Germain

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by jpberg, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Rich got some stuff in.

www.4noggins.com

2. ryan65

ryan65 Member

I wish they would supply some tins with the bulk so I can try the penzance...

3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

So, are these ending up on flea-bay too?

4. jpberg

Not mine, but there are lots of people who don't even smoke who are onto this stuff and are buying simply to resell at a big profit.
    Bastards.

5. Puff The Magic

I hear ya JP! I don't sell my toby. Kills me are all of the asssshowls that buy it up just to flip it on the bay. Supply & Damned! Yup, Damned!

I draw a line on what I consider stoopid money for a product and usually won't go above my set line(s). Depending on the product and it's condition, I'll pay what would be considered high prices (stoopid to some) for some products but I consider my limits very reasonable.

My cellar is primarily for me (and to share wiff mah buds) :coffee:

6. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

I second the sentiment Puff! What I have is for me to enjoy, trade and make sure I have the weeds I want to smoke when I want to smoke them. Maybe one day I'd sell a bit here and there but only through direct contact with real smokers that I know would enjoy the weed, not try to get the most $ out of people via ebay

7. atwageman

atwageman Member

Yep I have to admit I'm one of those a-holes. Except I don't flip it on ebay. It goes into my cellar. I remember one time buying 49 tins of Hamborger Veermaster from a online source that had a real time inventory system that would let you know if you were trying to purchase more than what was on hand. They had 50 tins total. The guy working in the shipping dept actually called me and apreciated me leaving 1 tin available for other customers. LOL He was being sarcastic of course. Also pulled this same stunt with about 20 tins of Penzance too.

There is an old saying........Snooze you loose.

8. hagbard

hagbard Member

You know I was on the phone with Rich the other day and he was telling me that his job isn't as fun as it used to be with people ordering huge stock all the time. He said it used to be that people would order a little bit of this and that all the time and have fun experimenting. Now people order 12 tins of this and 20 tins of that and there's none left. I must admit I'm guilty too. I just cleaned P&C out of some things. This behavior probably drives prices up and for people who want to just sample it's becoming cost prohibitive.

Sorry for the OT post.
    Please continue.

9. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Amen. I missed it last time around because all the tins sold out and all that was left was 8oz bags.

This is the first time I've seen Germain's Brown Flake in a long time and its one of my favorites, but damn it all I just graduated from college and I'm flat broke. Sometimes the timing just doesn't work out on these things and it just kills ya.

10. jpberg

Well, let's make sure that those of us who are lucky enough to have some of this scarce tobacco are sharing some with those who don't. We are all here to share information and have a quasi community based on pipes and tobacco, so let's be generous to a fault, and make sure that we put something back into this community.

11. Puff The Magic

Well, the flip side of the coin is not fun anymore either. I used to walk into my local b&m(s) and get nearly everything I wanted but now, walking out nearly empty handed (1-3 tins of something that "would do but not as well......"). Yeah, times are changing for all of us. Regardless where we are on the chain, we're effected by these changes. Buying habits, availability, changing laws, a bunch of change that I didn't see coming until recent. I never used to even peruse the etailers at all. My local b&m had what I needed/wanted. No more though. My local b&m(s) have either empty shelves (locust swarmed) or not very many of anything at all. Time will tell what's on the horizon and I'm trying to make sure that I'm prepared with a nice little stash (less than 100lbs, currently ~50) so I'm not completely 100% "gouged" by all of the changes, taxes, limitations, dog-poop, etc. One thing's for sure, I can load up with my fav(s) and go off with my bowl & fire with a smile! :0laugh:

12. cigarsarge

cigarsarge Active Member

Just found some...Penzance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.