1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Esoterica Peacehaven

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Glenn, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Who's tried it? Who likes it?

I picked up a couple ozs of it at a B&M I visited today. It really smelled nice and is suppose to be a mix of 6 Virginias. It has a sweet, figgy smell. Pouch aroma smells like a really light version of Erinmore Flake to me. The flavor is pretty light as well. A little touch sweet. After two bowls I give it a "pretty good".

2. David1962

David1962 Member

I really like Peacehaven. It reminds me of Orlik OGS. When I opened the package, it was a little too damp, so I spread it out on a cookie sheet and let it dry ( after I rubbed it all out, of course ). This seemed to add to the flavor as well as cut out any bite. It's one of my regular blends to have on hand.

3. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Have not tried this one....but the reviews make me think I should! sounds like my kind of all-day Virginny.....

4. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I am not very prone to tounge burn. I rarely ever have a problem with it anymore. I smoked two bowls of Peacehaven yesterday and I can feel a very slight rawness on the roof of my mouth today. So I'd say judging by that if you are suseptible to toungue burn it is one to be careful with. It is another that is so light you'll puff too hard and fast trying to get more out of it if you are not careful and paying attention.

If you are looking for a flavor blast skip it. If you think it will be like Penzance or Stonehaven you'll be dissapointed. It is very light and mild. Similar flake as Stonehaven though. Breaks up super easy.

5. commonsenseman

commonsenseman Member

I really like this stuff, it's kinda in a class all it's own. Very sweet & fruity, while having enough flavor to keep me interested. It'd be a great "first bowl of the day" blend, no frying of the taste buds whatsoever.

The only issue with it is that it only comes in 8oz bags, so trying it out would be a pain unless you know somebody who has some.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.