1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Estate Package Value?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Bullwinkle, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Active Member

2 thomson freehand tobacco pipes, 1 petterson 2004 st. patricks day collector pipe, 1 wessex bent pipe & 1 IMP Meer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

The only one that would interest me would be the Pete and it needs a new stem. That's at least a $20.00us repair.

The other briar are kinda iffy.

The meer looks ok but not my style.

I would pass on the whole lot and look for something else.

3. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

I wonder if you could just slip one of those Softie rubber tips on the end of the Pete? Seems like a quick, cheap fix.

I've got to agree that the meer looks to be the pick of the litter.

Bri2k

4. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Active Member

I passed on these the Meer was the best of the bunch but just wasn't the style I would want if I did want one. I have a new Tinsky coming to the door tomorrow or the next day so I'll have my PAD fix for this week.

Thanks

5. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Those look pretty roughly treated to me.

Enjoy your Tinsky.

In all honesty, I'd rather have a new Tinsky than 5 beat up old pipes of varying quality.

6. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Sorry, but a new Tinsky takes care of PAD for a week...ONLY? I thought my recent spate of buying was extreme...a Tinsky, or even one of Sas's monstrosities, er, masterpieces (sorry, Sasquatch!..oops!) would easily occupy my PAD lust for 2 weeks or more. Which reminds me, I need more money...wonder if any pipebuilding moderators here take COD?

7. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Sure, pipes on credit all around.

No, hey..... wait a sec. That's dumb.

8. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Active Member

sorry if I implied it was an every week deal.. I'm also waiting on a Falcon from Barber UK, straight sliver with carbon fiber and standard briar bowls. btw, no pipes on credit for me. once these two arrive it will be it for awhile as I want lots of cash on hand to stockpile as much FVF, Stonehaven, Penzance as I possibly can so I can ebay during the next shortage and buy lots of pipes.

Mark's picture of my new Tinsky
    [​IMG]

9. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

No reason to be sorry, most here, myself included, would love a weekly PAD fix I would think. And that Tinksy is niiiice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.