1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Estate Pipe Question

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by HolySmoke, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HolySmoke

HolySmoke Member

Hello everyone. I am a new(ish) pipe smoker who just got my first estate pipe. To clean it I used pipe cleaners dipped in rubbing alcohol and then alternated with a clean one. Repeated many times. To clean the bowl I put rubbing alcohol on a cloth and wiped it out a few times alternating with a dry and wet clean cloth. Where the alcohol got on the outside of the bowl it dried the wood out so I put some wood polish on the outside and it seems ok. I really like this pipe and will be totally bummed if what I did messed it up, what do you think?

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Alcohol takes the finish (wax) off most pipes in a big hurry. You didn't hurt the pipe any.

3. jhe888

jhe888 Member

You could re-wax it, but you'll have to get a block of real, pure carnauba and a buffing wheel. You didn't do any harm except to the finish.

4. beeftip

beeftip Member

Fill it up and light it on fire. You'll be fine.

5. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

I really don't recommend rubbing alcohol. Better to use drinking alcohol for the pipe. Everclear is the best.

6. HolySmoke

HolySmoke Member

Thanks everyone.

7. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Yep! Something not poisonous to the human system is best! :eek:hyeah:

On the flip side, isopropyl dries pretty fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.