1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Estate Ser Jacopo

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by raf66, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raf66

raf66 Member

Evening all. I've had my eye on an estate Ser Jacopo over at my local b&w for awhile now but it's always been a might out of my price range. Well, this evening I thought I'd ask the owner if she would take in 2 or 3 of my pipes which are not currently in the rotation as a trade toward the SJ and low and behold she said she'd do an even swap. I am now the proud owner of this beautiful Ser Jacopo Rowlette Candle Carving tapered billiard. It had not been smoked much by the previous owner and it was in absolutely showroom shape. I packed a bowl of SG's Chocolate Flake to christen her and after the smoke decided I'd take these pictures to share. I'm absolutely blown away by how good this pipe smokes. Very light and cool smoking, with an effortless draw. The darn thing almost smokes itself. Thanks for looking. By the way, sorry for the poor quality of the cell phone pictures. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Beautiful burner, may you enjoy it for a very long time.

3. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Member

I like the look of many Ser Jacopos but I just never got those candle thingy pipes. Not my thing at all, but I hope it's a good pipe and that you'll enjoy it for many years.

4. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

that looks even cooler than the radice underwoods...

5. AdamantineMan

AdamantineMan New Member

That is a beautiful pipe. It reminded me of cake or ice-cream with sauce melted until another poster mentioned wax. Is it really coated in wax? Or just carved to look so?

6. nobler son

nobler son Member

Great job! I really like the molten wax look. I keep hearing about Ser Jacopo pipes. Kel goes on about his. Says it's his favorite pipe.

7. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Nice SJ. Hope you enjoy many years with it. I really like
    mine, and it smokes very well. Congrats on a good trade.

dp

8. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

I thought something had happened to it until I read further down :startle: and realized that's what they are meant to look like.
    Enjoy...

9. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

:withstupid: and I am a HUGE Radice fan

10. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

oh yeah, meant to tell you and sean, i just got a contract with luca for the shop. we is gon have radishes.

11. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

As Yet Another Radice Fan, I have to say this pipe is absolutely gorgeous. I hope it smokes well and for a long, long time!

12. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Glad to hear it. I think you should get your boss to get a table for the NY show and give me a HUGE discount :whistle: :groucho: :flowers:

13. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

knowing my luck i'm probably working that weekend... in the store.

14. raf66

raf66 Member

Thanks for the kind responses, guys. Adamantine, the wood is carved to give it that candle wax appearance. It's truly a piece of art. The daggum thing smokes so effortlessly and cool that it clearly distinguishes itself from most of my other factory pipes that are in the $100 range. Not that those pipes are bad mind you, and had I never had the occasion to smoke this SJ I likely would never have been able to experience the difference. But man, what a difference!! I only have a modest collection of 18 pipes or so, and of those only a Don Carlos lovat, a handmade S&R apple made locally by the owner of the b&w where I purchased this one, an Ascorti Peppino billiard and this SJ really stand out as exquisite smokers that are a noticeable cut above the rest.

15. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Wow that's a looker, raf! Glad to hear it smokes like a champ too!

16. telltime

telltime Active Member

Neat looking... looks like something I'd smoke while walking in the woods. Don't know why. Maybe it's that "partially finished" (to me) look.

17. Dispatch

Dispatch Member

Very nice! Melting candle style, sa-weet. I buy nothing but Ser Jacopo. Good luck with it. :thumb:

18. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

19. DoverPipes

DoverPipes Member

Liam,
    I missed this one! Huge!!! Good deal.
    We'll have to see the shop in December!
    I'll bring the EMP :thumbsu:
    Rugs will bring the Captain Black :roflmao:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.