1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Estate

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by BluesGuy, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

Trying to find any info on one of the pipes I got of the Bay....It has Wembley stamped on the shank....what looks like a crown on the stem also Made in England stamped on the shank.

2. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

the way the "made in england" is stamped will tell you more than the brand name, there are an ungodly number of english second "brands". comoy had at one point about 50, any city larger than my living room had their town name or something related to the region stamped on the stummel, tobacco shops had them etc. when in doubt assume its a cadogan era comoy second though. also if it has a shape number you can sometimes identify it by that. pics would help.

3. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

"Wembley" is in London and is a major Association (Soccer) Football Stadium. It's been selected as a name to give the pipe a London cachet.

Othwerwise nothing I can add to Liam's post,

Happy smoking

Gerry

4. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

I'd wondered if it perhaps was in association with the stadium...as that was really all I found when searching...it really is not a big deal it's a great pipe.....I'll post pic's of it later now that it's cleaned up.

5. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

6. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

thats a stock shape for the cadogan production unless my eyes are seriously deceiving me. if you can find the number on the opposite side of the stem you'd know more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.