1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Everytime i smoke grousemoor

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Imrandy, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imrandy

Imrandy Member

Got some in to try bout a week and a half ago.I tryed it when i came in but shortly after the shipment my tasted buds on my tongue have been raised up so i quit smoking couple days they went down. I have since smoked my normal blends like FMC and 7seas black and nothing. But tonight i wanted to retry grousemoor and bam my taste buds are flaring up. Could this be a reaction to something in the bacco? This happen to anyone else?

2. CMAsailor

CMAsailor Active Member

Grousemoor seemed to be one that might need more time. I had some a yr ago from a fresh tin and didnt like it, temper-mental, recently found the tin again, and like it now. I wouldnt throw it away or give it away yet, give it time. If you're like the rest of us you've got other stuff you forgot you had too, lol, forget grousemoor for a while and see what happens when you find it again. :)

Old Codger and ruffinogold like this.
  3. Albert

Albert Active Member

gm plug bit me fiercely... came back to it several times cause i loved the taste.. but ended up trading it away...

4. CMAsailor

CMAsailor Active Member

The other thing if i remember right, is that it's a shag, and very different in burning tendencies. I find i have to tamp shags much more to keep them from running away with my tongue. As the temps rise. More edges means more burning surfaces.

5. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Both Grousemoor Mixture and Grousemoor Plug are pure VA blends (well, pure as in there are no other types of tobacco in the blend, as far as I'm aware) and as such may be a little bitey if you aren't careful.

I haven't found either especially prone to biting, but as with any blend if you're not careful it can definitely do it. For what it's worth, the roughly cut, thick ribbons I find in Grousemoor Mixture don't burn amazingly well, and I find I get best flavor, burn, and all around performance from the stuff if I let it air out until cracker dry, with just the slightest give so it won't crumble to dust when I load a bowl, but not enough moisture for it to be springy

6. CMAsailor

CMAsailor Active Member

Where'd Lord Nibbler go?

Guess i rememberd wrong, its not a shag.

7. Imrandy

Imrandy Member

I dont think this is bite i think this may be a reaction to something in the baco. Over night i let my tongue rest and the bumps went down have been smoking my reg blends np all day today. There are bumps on my tongue is what im saying just thought it may be a reaction to something in the baco.

8. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Then I guess I don't understand what you mean by your taste buds flaring up...is it not painful?

And CMAsailor, I've only had one or two tins of Grousemoor Mixture ever opened...I go through it slowly, especially since I prefer the plug anyway. From what I understand, and based on my experience, SG makes good tobacco, but their processing methods are rather antiquated and quality control is....well....rather hit and miss. It's totally possible you may have gotten some that was cut really thin....or it could be that I got some that's unusually broad in the cut :msty:

9. Imrandy

Imrandy Member

Yeah the buds raise up a bit and hurt some. So far its only when i have tryed to smoke the grousemoor. I will just stay away from it for now try again in a couple weeks if it happens again i will trade it off. Kinda sucks i have almost 4oz of it and like the taste of it.

10. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Do you ever take dry snuff?

Because if you like the scent/flavor but for one reason or another can't enjoy smoking it, you could try milling your own snuff from it. Actually, SG does make snuff, and one of their scented snuffs uses the Grousemoor scent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.