Exp w/ Luxury Curly Cut

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Tony Malerich, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

Apparently Stokkebye discontinued this blend when LBF came out. I may be getting a few ounces obviously with a good bit of age on it. A lot of reviews suggest "mild VA" which sounds lovely to me (I've been enjoying Esoterica Brighton and Woodbridge lately). I certainly see no reason to not try it, but I was curious if any of you remember and have opinions on the blend.

2. furious

furious Junque collector

That was a tasty smoke and I'd say go for it if you like mild to medium straight Va. Like most of this type, it should only improve with age.

Tony Malerich likes this.
  3. BigG

BigG Member

Fabulous stuff - I was really disappointed when it was discontinued.

Tony Malerich likes this.
  4. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

And now for something a bit different....

My thoughts after smoking a sample of this (about an oz) were that I wasn't surprised that it was replaced by LBF, which I feel is a superior product. Nothing wrong with this one, just not much to recommend it.

But as you see, YMMV.

Mington likes this.
  5. Tony Malerich

I have definitely seen many, many fans of LBF. I'm sure they had very good reason to bring it out as a replacement for the curly cut. LBF and I don't always agree though, so I think this one might work well for me.

6. Tony Malerich

Ok, I just got a sample. This does indeed seen to be right up my alley. 6+ years of aging certainly hasn't hurt this blend (though I can see how some might find it a bit unexciting).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.